Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: SYNTHETIC : AROUND DSP'S AS A MUST OR NOT ? (Read 1497 times) previous topic - next topic

SYNTHETIC : AROUND DSP'S AS A MUST OR NOT ?

Hi everyone,

I have question concerning some DSP's uses.

Maybe often asked questions but I just want something synthetic.

IIR dsp, on preset CD De-Emphasis , does it useful ? --- I just try it today and seems it bring really something "that"s why i asked if it's a must"
or a must with a dac ?

could dsp's transform a DAC and will sounds as a "top" CD player" or near "analog" vinyl , keeping , natural sounding ?

my setup :

ARCAM DELTA 2, Bookshelf speakers
QINPU 2 HYBRID INTEGRATED AMP
NAD CB315BEE
2 CD PLAYERS : SONY & TECHNICS
2 TURNTABLE : DUAL & SONY

ESS SABRE DAC 9028 Q2M

CORE I3 4 GB DDR

WIN 7 HOME

FOOBAR 2000

Re: SYNTHETIC : AROUND DSP'S AS A MUST OR NOT ?

Reply #1
Maybe often asked questions but I just want something synthetic.
As a non-native English speaker I should be a bit careful about this, but: "synthetic" was maybe not the right word? Care to explain what you are looking for?

IIR dsp, on preset CD De-Emphasis , does it useful ?

De-emphasis should be used only for CDs with pre-emphasis, and they are few. In my collection, they make up about three CDs in a thousand among non-classical music (and one third are from one single record company). Among classical music, they are way more common, with certain labels using it regularly. (I have around 200 CDs of Bach, and when seventeen of them by one single performer are all with pre-emphasis - that does affect the percentage, eh?)

Re: SYNTHETIC : AROUND DSP'S AS A MUST OR NOT ?

Reply #2
hello forgive me , for my language :) .

In fact I would like to summarize , and if possible I don't want to "play" with foobar2000 every two days or weeks, in order to getting a better sound or else.

about de-emphasis, do we have to listening with this DSP ? or even ripp with this option ?

Because yesterday I activate IIR dsp in foobar2000 and resampler SoX mod,

my aim was to "downsample" my DAC with soX, and when I put the IIR dsp's, I heard that for example, jamaican music, and electro , it seems the sound were absolutely better, basses were really there, and I also found a kind of sound more musical .

to conclude it was like the IIR dsp was a must to use with a DAC and audio files I ripped from my original CD's , to sound as a real HIFI audio device.

the second question is :

which DSP's are a must to use with dac connected to a computer, to get something really "hifi" I mean like a CD player .
that's not obvious, I listen to a lot of classical music .

when I said "synthesis", I should say "to summarize" ...

a bit the mess :)
STILL THANKS