Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Display next track in Playlist/Queue (Read 1916 times) previous topic - next topic

Display next track in Playlist/Queue

When I am at a DJ gig (typically dancing is involved), I display the Now Playing track using OSD on a separate big display.
However, folks normally want to know/see what is coming up next.
I would like to display the track in line to play next either in the Playlist (preferably if a playback queue is present next track there - but this is not critical).
I tried various title formatting strings but nothing seems to work. or rather I am not able to find a function that will return the the track information by an index number.
I can get the index number for the current track and add 1 to it to get the number for the next track in the playlist.
But I am not able to find any function that will return the meta data information on that track.

Appreciate if you can direct me or give me some tips to do this.

Reply #1
You could try the Queue contents editor component. The window's (menu->view->queue contents editor) columns can be setup by rightclicking. If you drag this screen to the external big screen, you'll have a list of all the upcoming queued songs. This only works with the queue though and not with regular playlists.

Reply #2
Thanks.. But that solves only a fraction of the issue. The queue contents are mostly empty unless I add something manually. I usually play off a playlist.
It will be great if i can access the next track using title formatting or other means for display.

Reply #4
The closest OP can come to doing what he wants, to the best of my knowledge, is to indeed use the playback queue (in an unintended(?) way ) in conjunction with something like the queue contents editor component (which makes the playback queue's contents accessible and editable  ).