Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_tabs (Read 244750 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #100
Updated to version 0.1.5.

Changes:
  • configurable font

• fixes bug wrt closing extension windows (you may have noticed a brief flash on foobar exit)

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=255291"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

New foo_ui_columns is out (Beta4), this plugin can't be loaded as the beta4 require plugins to be compiled with new ui_extension (v5.0.0). Could Phi please update the plugin compilation?

Thanks.

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #101
yes, this plugin needs updating!

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #102
Cool down, Phi is going to update this and foo_uie_trackinfo when he notices that beta4 broke the panels.

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #103
Hello,

If I have a tab that contains a Vis plugin I get the impression that the Vis plugin is working away in the background regardless of whether its tab is selected or not?

Is it possible for an option to disable the Vis doing processing if its tab is not selected? I might be wrong on my conclusion though of course

Cheers

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #104
That would have to be implemented in the vis plugin, not in foo_uie_tabs.

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #105
Updated.

Changes:
  • support for new ui extension api
  • added "Close panel stack" option in context menu (so you can close the panel when its caption is disabled)
  • fixed memory leak when deleting tabs
  • fixed positioning bug
  • contained ui extensions can now use the new ui extension host interface to make their tab the active one (but not hide it, for now)
EDIT: ignore below...
Note: in line with the new api, this plugin goes in the "Layout" category, and by the looks of it ui_columns removes the sidebar caption for this category of ui extensions. There's no need to bombard me with bug reports about it.

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #106
I can't find the reset sidebars button in preferences/collums UI /display.  What am I doing wrong?

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #107
Note: in line with the new api, this plugin goes in the "Layout" category, and by the looks of it ui_columns removes the sidebar caption for this category of ui extensions. There's no need to bombard me with bug reports about it.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=256538"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I think you should still be setting it as a panel as well in your case. I.e. ui_extension_flag::TYPE_PANEL|ui_extension_flag::TYPE_LAYOUT.  Which should make it show the caption by default. I don't know yet if showing the caption for all layout extensions would be the right thing to do yet.

I can't find the reset sidebars button in preferences/collums UI /display.  What am I doing wrong?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=256546"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It moved to prefs/columns ui/sidebar in beta 4.

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #108
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=256538"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I think you should still be setting it as a panel as well in your case. I.e. ui_extension_flag::TYPE_PANEL|ui_extension_flag::TYPE_LAYOUT.  Which should make it show the caption by default. I don't know yet if showing the caption for all layout extensions would be the right thing to do yet.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=256553"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ah, I didn't realise you were expecting those to be combined. I've updated the plugin. I don't know what else you have in mind for layout extensions, but sidebar-wise I would leave the caption there consistently, since people can easily hide it if they don't want to see it.

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #109
Ah, I didn't realise you were expecting those to be combined. I've updated the plugin. I don't know what else you have in mind for layout extensions, but sidebar-wise I would leave the caption there consistently, since people can easily hide it if they don't want to see it.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=256558"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Well actually I wasn't even expecting you to use the layout type yet

I'll change the caption thing if it proves necessary for 0.1.2.

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #110
noes! now the album_ui and track_info_ui isn't working!

thanks tho Phi!  now I can get back to my normal foobar life.

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #111
is there any way we can get a link to the previous version of this plugin? the one that works with beta 3? I don't want to switch to beta 4 just yet since the album art plugin hasn't been updated to beta 4 yet.

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #112
Here's the version that's compatable with beta 3 for anyone who wants it...

Click

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #113
thanks.......TedFromAccounting!!!

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #114
deleted

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #115
First of all thanks for the great ui-extension 

Is it possible to add more than one panel stack to the sidebar? I thought about one for Albumlist/History/Playlist and another for TrackInfo/AlbumArt..

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #116
First of all thanks for the great ui-extension  

Is it possible to add more than one panel stack to the sidebar? I thought about one for Albumlist/History/Playlist and another for TrackInfo/AlbumArt..
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=258071"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Shift + Tabbed panel stack

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #117
Thanks alot!

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #118
Updated to version 0.1.5.

Changes:
  • configurable font

• fixes bug wrt closing extension windows (you may have noticed a brief flash on foobar exit)

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=255291"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Can somebody post an to the old 0.1.5? I need it because it works with colum UI beta 3.  All the links here seem to be for 0.1.6 which requries beta 4 (can't use yet).

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #119
Can somebody post an to the old 0.1.5? I need it because it works with colum UI beta 3.  All the links here seem to be for 0.1.6 which requries beta 4 (can't use yet).
Scroll up 7 posts (or click here).

:edit: link

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #120
I have WXP Home sp2
Foobar 0.8.3 latest special install + openwith0.4 + massdelete1.7
columns ui 0.1.2rc1
Tabbed panels 0.1.6
All of the latest versions of the panels that are listed in the first post in the columns ui thread

I can put up an instance of the panel stack, but if I add anything to it (i.e. playlist switcher), big parts of the gui hang every time.  I.e. the sidebar won't auto-appear, the seekbar and the visualization don't update, keyboard events are missed.  But oddly, I can still update the track position with the seekbar, it just won't move on it's own.  Also, the gui won't shut down cleanly.

I don't know if this is the fault of panel stack or columns ui.

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #121
I can put up an instance of the panel stack, but if I add anything to it (i.e. playlist switcher), big parts of the gui hang every time.  I.e. the sidebar won't auto-appear, the seekbar and the visualization don't update, keyboard events are missed.  But oddly, I can still update the track position with the seekbar, it just won't move on it's own.  Also, the gui won't shut down cleanly.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=258747"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm have almost the same setup but I can't reproduce this at all. Do you have any other panels in the sidebar apart from the panel stack? If so, a description/screenshot of your config would be nice. If not, I have no idea.

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #122
I did a fresh install to see if I could get the bug to go away.  It looked promising at first, but later on the bug showed up.

Here are the steps I took, as exactly as I can remember them.
Installation
1)Downloaded latest special
2)Did full setup except user-specific settings
3)Associated every possible file type
4)Copied foo_ui_columns (0.1.2rc1) to the components dir.
5)Copied foo_uie_tabs (0.1.6)

First test
6) Added a panel stack to the sidebar
7) Removed the playlist switcher from the sidebar
8) Added a playlist switcher to the panel stack
9) Added the vis to the sidebar (not to the stack)
(everything seemed to work so far)

Customization
10) Enabled database
11) Added some playlists
12) Disabled console/beep on errors and console/popup on warnings
13) Loaded the columns config I like: jons.fcs.  I can upload this if you want to examine it.  Very simple minimalist look.
14) Removed some of the playlists
15) turned off stop playing on errors
16) turned on start playing on start
17) turned on resume playing on start
18) Change keyboard mappings:
a)deleted any of the ones which were on the ZXCVB line, I cant remember the ones foobar starts with.  I only deleted the ones that had no key modifiers, I left those alone.
b) Mapped z to previous in history
c) Mapped x to play
d) Mapped c to play/pause
e) Mapped v to stop
f) Mapped b to next or random
g) Mapped Ctl + ` globally to next or random
h) Mapped Alt + ` globally to play or pause
i) Mapped Shift + Ctl + ` globally to next playlist
j) Mapped Shift + Alt + ` globally to track cut
k) Mapped j to playlist search

19) Then I simply removed the vis from the sidebar to freeze the app

Now, it's back to its old behavior of freezing when I add things to a panel stack.

I'll put some stuff up on www.geocities.com/popatr/hapost.html in a little while.

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #123
I did a fresh install to see if I could get the bug to go away.  It looked promising at first, but later on the bug showed up.

Here are the steps I took, as exactly as I can remember them.
[...][a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=258985"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for the in-depth reply.    I see it on my own setup now as well.

It only happens when you set the sidebar auto-hide delay very low. Even setting it to 1ms avoids the bug for me. I still haven't figured out what's triggering it though.

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #124
I tried the delay, and 1ms delay works for me too.  Thanks for the reply.
Now I can use your plugin