Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Simple Question regarding Playlist View and switching between two playlists... (Read 281 times) previous topic - next topic

Simple Question regarding Playlist View and switching between two playlists...

Hello Fellow Foobar Enthusiasts!
I currently have the same Foobar setup on my 2 computers (Laptop and Desktop), but there seems to be a setting on the laptop install that is bugging me. Here is the scenario:

I am on my main playlist "All Music" and scroll midway through the entire library to play a song. I then switch to a different playlist called "Favorites" just to quickly view its contents. When I switch back to the original playlist "All Music" which the current playing track is playing from, instead of taking me back to the middle of the playlist where the now playing song is located, it just goes to the top of the playlist and i have to press the hotkey shortcut I have setup for "View / Show now playing in Playlist"  everytime. On my desktop it automatically goes back to the middle of the library where the current playing song is, instead of to the top, yet on my laptop I cannot get it to behave properly. I have looked at the settings for both machines and can't seem to find which setting is different which is causing the issue. Both installations have "Cursor follows playback" enabled.

Can anyone help me out and point me in the right direction? The setting is working as intended on my desktop but I can't seem to replicate the behavior on the laptop setup. Basically I want it to remember the spot on the active playlist when switching back without having to use a hotkey for "vew / show now playing in playlist". I am using playlist switcher/playlist view with Columns UI.

Thank you!

Re: Simple Question regarding Playlist View and switching between two playlists...

Reply #1
Not sure about the original issue but if you have the status bar or status pane visible, just double click it. That always takes you back to the playing playlist/item.

edit: you could check both installs are using the same/latest component version.