Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_utils (Read 180098 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_utils

Reply #100
If you accidentally the whole playlist, just revive it from the Recycler.
(Click with the right mouse button on the playlist tabs or in Playlist Manager, choose Restore > Playlistname).
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

foo_utils

Reply #101
If you accidentally the whole playlist, just revive it from the Recycler.
(Click with the right mouse button on the playlist tabs or in Playlist Manager, choose Restore > Playlistname).

Thing is, that I am trying to customize foobar for a stand alone audio player for my hifi system, with only the most necessary controls to be buttons on the front face activating hotkeys  (i.e. one here for Remove playlist) as well as a few Autohotkey scripts for more complex operations. I want to avoid having to need mouse input (though I will have scroll control to scroll titles under the pointer and select title to play).

foo_utils

Reply #102
Internally, the read-only function from foo_utils and autoplaylists are implemented using the same mechanism (so-called playlist locks). As a consequence, it is technically not possible to use the read-only function on an autoplaylist.

foo_utils

Reply #103
I have set a keyboard shortcut to "Send to <specified> playlist and play" but the problem is it only works for album list (or is it album list panel? :s) but not for column UI filters. Yet the context menu option is there to send and add selection to specified playlist  (although the send option doesn't start playback). How can I set it so that it will send selections to a specified playlist on a keyboard shortcut? Actually I don't know why it's not working the way it is currently, as it should be :/ Also, can I set Mouse double-click as the action for adding to specified playlist?

foo_utils

Reply #104
Sorry, I don't know what the Columns UI filter component does that would break keyboard shortcuts.

Also, can I set Mouse double-click as the action for adding to specified playlist?
Generally, no. Some components might allow you to set the default action for double-clicking to arbitrary context menu commands, but it's not the default.

foo_utils

Reply #105
Internally, the read-only function from foo_utils and autoplaylists are implemented using the same mechanism (so-called playlist locks).

I am using foo_utils to protect some of my playlists against accidental edits by making them read-only.

If tracks are included in both unprotected and read-only playlists, they are deleted in the latter if I renamed them in the former with foobar's file operations function. My Autoplaylist however shows them with their updated names.

Can other members confirm this behavior? I expected such renamed files to be kept in the read-only playlist either with their old or with their new names or am I doing something wrong?

foobar2000 v0.9.6.9, CUI 0.3.8.0, Playlist Tools v0.6.2 beta 6, 65 playlists, five of them set to read-only, plus one Autoplaylist.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

foo_utils

Reply #106
As foo_utils doesn't remember last position for it dialogs, can the position be changed a little lower - below the menu (toolbar)?
for some release in the future of course

foo_utils

Reply #107
The window is positioned in relation to the main window. This is done automatically by Windows. There is also no reliable way (meaning support in the foobar2000 SDK) to determine the position of the menu or toolbar area.

foo_utils

Reply #108
I used to have some of the functions of foo_utils (add to playlist, send to playlist etc.) as some of the main context menu items and most frequently used. Now they appear under legacy items with the new foobar betas. I was wondering if that will be changed in future updates, as I find that these the most useful parts of foo_utils.

foo_utils

Reply #109
It's already on my to-do list, but I have no idea if I'll manage to do it before next year.

foo_utils

Reply #110
I dont think this specific problem has come up yet, but i could be wrong :S but i am having trouble getting a song to play automatically after getting redirected from a read-only playlist. Am I missing something or is this not possible? any help would be greatly appreciated  I am using version 9.6.5 beta 1. I have no problem getting the song to redirect to its own playlist, but i just want foobar to switch to that playlist and begin playback

foo_utils

Reply #112
Hey, is there any chance that we can get this updated to use the new 1.0 SDK?  It'd be nice to not have all of the context menu commands crammed into the unsorted "legacy commands" submenu.  Thanks.

foo_utils

Reply #114
Awesome, thanks.

foo_utils

Reply #117
I just have to ask, and I'll prob. get yelled at possibly, but I wanted to be able to send to a playlist without being asked where to send it to (I wanted a 1-click tool; made a button..), but the context menus don't have the option:
http://www.anony.ws/i/justt.png

yet they list every playlist for viewer. Either way, thanks for any reply. I don't know if/how I could add a context menu myself, so blah.

foo_utils

Reply #118
The individual commands show for me in the keyboard shortcut preferences page. Do you have them available there? I don't know which component is shown on your screenshot. Maybe it does not work with the legacy context menu commands from foo_utils.

foo_utils

Reply #119
Hm, yeah. Maybe it doesn't. The command that I was hoping would be, if it were to exist, isn't shown under Keyboard shortcuts. The screen was from the tab stacker component.

Yeah, er, I thought I had possibly asked if this plugin could do it, but I guess I didn't at all, heh. I didn't actually use it before, but now that I installed the component, those options are available. Silly me. No component troubleshooter problems from using it, either. Has like a billion options with anything playlist related. Nice.

foo_utils

Reply #120
I dont think this specific problem has come up yet, but i could be wrong :S but i am having trouble getting a song to play automatically after getting redirected from a read-only playlist. Am I missing something or is this not possible? any help would be greatly appreciated  I am using version 9.6.5 beta 1. I have no problem getting the song to redirect to its own playlist, but i just want foobar to switch to that playlist and begin playback

That is not possible.

Still not possible ?
That is an oversight in the SDK then
Win7 Pro - latest stable foobar

foo_utils

Reply #121
Your constructive point is?

foo_utils

Reply #122
Why do you think that this is due to a limitation of the foobar2000 SDK?

foo_utils

Reply #123
is there an alternative for the 'add to playlist'-functionality of this plugin?