Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_utils (Read 180096 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_utils

Reply #75
foosion, could I ask for a new feature? I'm using the "Copy text" command quite often. And I'm changing it's settings almost as often (commenting and uncommenting lines).
Is there an implementation of profiles possible? So there could be saved different settings for the "Copy text" command.
Thank you!

foo_utils

Reply #76
Missing updates and information on changes below.

foo_utils 0.6.2 beta 6
FIX: "Sort by fields" used wrong sort criteria when "Close this window after sorting" is checked.

foo_utils 0.6.2 beta 5
FIX: Race condition on multi-core machines in "Sort by fields..."

foo_utils 0.6.2 beta 4
CHG: Used "folder" instead of "directory" in menu command names.

foo_utils 0.6.2 beta 3
FIX: %list_total% and %list_index% did not work correctly in Text tools.

Just a thought: it would be useful if the sort window remembered the selected fields and options between invocations!

That is definitely planned.

hi, looks like when using "edit\insert into current playlist" with latest 0.6.2 beta 3 the tracks are not sorted properly.  I tried changing "sort incoming files by" under general which didnt do anything when using "edit\insert into current playlist"

That command does not sort the tracks on purpose. Where do you use it?

Is there an implementation of profiles possible? So there could be saved different settings for the "Copy text" command.

Possibly some time in the future.

foo_utils

Reply #79
The "Highlight in Playlist" (applied on album list node) command doesn't work anymore for me: nothing happens.

foo_utils

Reply #80
What about a "delete parent folder" option? Foobar's default delete function won't remove folders if I have stuff like jpeg or text files in them.

foo_utils

Reply #81
The "Highlight in Playlist" (applied on album list node) command doesn't work anymore for me: nothing happens.

Can't reproduce. The code for this command has not changed for quite some time now, so there is no reason why it should stop working. Can you try the following things in order? If one works, you don't need to try the rest.
  • Add some tracks from the album list to the playlist (for example via drag&drop) and then use the "Highlight in Playlist" command. This is to make sure you have the same tracks in the playlist and the album list, and not just tracks with the same metadata.
  • If you normally invoke the command through a keyboard shortcut, please select it from the context menu.
  • If use another playlist view than the one in the Default UI or one of the built-in ones from Columns UI, please try it with one of them.

What a "delete parent folder" option? Foobar's default delete function won't remove folders if I have stuff like jpeg or text files in them.

I'm not sure what you are referring to or why you posted it here. There is no command to delete files in foo_utils.

foo_utils

Reply #82
  • Add some tracks from the album list to the playlist (for example via drag&drop) and then use the "Highlight in Playlist" command. This is to make sure you have the same tracks in the playlist and the album list, and not just tracks with the same metadata.

Sorry! 
Exactly that was the reason: i was working with two playlists and one of them contained copied files from the other one and i was too tired and ...

foo_utils

Reply #84
My bad, what I meant was What ABOUT a "delete parent folder" option? It would be very useful if you added one.

foo_utils

Reply #85
No, that would not fit into foo_utils. A better place for such a command would be the official foo_fileops plugin.

foo_utils

Reply #86
Great plugin.

Could a request be made for a "MOVE" to playlist.  where it would remove from one and be place into another as opposed to having to go back and manually delete the tracks

foo_utils

Reply #87
Possible bug report:

Selecting "Insert into playlist" from the playlist context menu preserves song order and duplicates, but "Add to playlist" does not. The latter behavior may not be a bug, but if not, I would like an option to make "add to ..." to work as "insert into ..." does.

I browsed this thread and found a few related posts, but frankly I'm still not sure if this is intended behavior:

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=447738
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=544030

foo_utils

Reply #88
when i try to create a keyboard shortcut: Add to playlist-> "now playing", it does not work.  when i press the hotkey nothing happens.  if i go back to the hotkey preferences i see the following error:

Action not found (2894FE.....)

EDIT:  specifically, the hotkey works when i've got the tracks highlighted in a playlist field.  it will not work with i've got an entire artist or album highlighted in facets and press that same hotkey.

foo_utils

Reply #89
Hello Foosion,
a very careful inquiry
I would like to create several parts of the text it would be nice to save and upload these individually.
Is there a chance ?

foo_utils

Reply #90
I listen smoothjazz.com.
It shows the titles of the songs.
But I was not able to copy them to clipboard.

foo_utils

Reply #91
thanks for this great plugin. i can now create .m3u playlists in a format that my mp3 player recognises. 

foo_utils

Reply #92
The first post of this thread says the plug-in allows per-playlist redo and undo. What does that mean exactly? I was hoping it can bring back the previous list of files in a playlist through undo. Would make things so much easier because in foobar a whole list of files can get replaced by something else in a single click. 

foo_utils

Reply #93
For me, it does just what you want.  What behavior are you seeing?

By the way, there is no reason for Foobar to replace your playlists with something else in a single click.
Preferences switches are available to control how foobar handles this.
You may want to start specific topic regarding this. Include what user interface you are using and how you load files into foobar [via explore or which media library you use]
Or check how you have your media library set up to work in preferences.

terry

foo_utils

Reply #94
Please note that the first post refers to an earlier version of foo_utils. Newer versions of foobar2000 provide multi-level undo and redo for individual playlists natively, so the function has been removed from the plugin.

foo_utils

Reply #95
Hey there ! Thanks a lot foosion for your awesome plugin, it really is one of the most useful I have found

I'm having a small problem with another plugin and I didn't get any help there so I'm asking here because it's related to your plugin and I thought maybe I could get some help here...
I'm trying to set the double click behavior in ELPlaylist to add the selected song to a default playlist. Using foo_utils I now have a context menu item that is "add to Playlist:" where I can select any playlist I want and I can also bind a keyboard shortcut with a specified playlist.

The problem is in the ELPlaylist settings under behavior I only have "Edit Other/Add to Specified Playlist" which seems to do nothing and I can't specify what playlist I want...

Do you think there would be a way to add a single command, not inside a sub menu, that adds the selected song to a specified playlist ? I haven't done this before but would it be complicated to create my own plugin or edit yours to do this ?

Thanks a lot for your help

foo_utils

Reply #96
Blame ELPlaylist. It won't let you use dynamically created context menu items.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

foo_utils

Reply #97
Just wondering if the feature that makes a playlist tab locked (so you can't remove it - I think I read "read only" somewhere), will still allow me to rip new music to the folder that that playlist is monitoring?

Normally, I keep all my music in a single playlist, but I would like, at times, to be able to put in an audio CD and play it (which opens up a new tab). Then when I am finished listening, I can press a hotkey to remove the CD playlist to get back to my music collection on the hard drive. However, I would like to be able to lock that tab (which is an autoplaylist, with forced-sorting) so I am unable to accidentally delete/remove it too.

foo_utils

Reply #98
Pretty particular use case to wait on someone else for a definitive answer.
Might be quicker just to try.

By the way, autoplaylist can not be made read-only as that would defeat their purpose.

terry

foo_utils

Reply #99
Pretty particular use case to wait on someone else for a definitive answer.
Might be quicker just to try.

By the way, autoplaylist can not be made read-only as that would defeat their purpose.

terry

Yeah, I dont want it to be read only, just want to lock the tab on main window.