Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Mp3 Audio on linux (Read 3383 times) previous topic - next topic

Mp3 Audio on linux

Hi All,
            I am working on a MP3 player on Linux. I have converted the file to PCM data successfully but while playing it with help of sound drivers I am not getting the continuity properly. I know that I need to apply some buffering technique to achieve it. I want to know if someone has already implemented any of such buffering technique?  if yes could u share it with me.

Thanks
-R/\\/I-

Mp3 Audio on linux

Reply #2
I did not program any buffering technique on Linux but you may have a look at the code of about any media player available in Linux since the source code is publicly available. The implementation might depend on which route you want to output the audio (OSS / Alsa / PulseAudio).

Mp3 Audio on linux

Reply #3
you may have a look at the code of about any media player available in Linux

Careful there, few linux media players support gapless playback (most developers care more about the kitchen sink than actual playback of music).

Mp3 Audio on linux

Reply #4
I thought the problem was not regarding seamless transition between tracks but rather how to feed buffers to the audio driver in a way that there are no drop-outs. The trick is usually to feed additional buffers (ahead of time) to the driver's queue.