Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Biography Discussion (Read 225027 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Biography Discussion

Reply #375
Yes! Please help me with a modded version of DarkOne! YAY! :D
I don't mind waiting at all, only when you have time will be fine!
I will give it a try on my own... consulting my two best friends Trial & Error...
Thanks a million for your guidance, really, really appreciate it!

Kind regards
What is the opposite of music?

Reply #376
Hello WilB,

Thanks for the great script!

I would like to point out that Biography 1.0.0 does not work properly:
When foobar is started and the first song is played, no artist picture appears. The Foobar stub image is displayed, although some Artist images are already stored in the cache. Only when the second song is played the artist images appear. From now on Biography-Script works correctly.
I would be happy if this bug is fixed.
Here runs Foobar 1.4.1 with the current Spider Monkey. With Biography 0.9.0.2 this bug did not exist.
Sorry for my English.

Reply #377
Thanks for the report.

Yes I am aware of that bug & have fixed it in my version. I'll upload the fixed version after a little more testing...

Reply #378
Hello Wilb,

On the next version, would it be possible to add an option "Enlarge on mouse click", which would toggle between "image only / image+text" mode, like the option "Enlarge on mouse over" ? I did the code on my setup, i just didn't add it as an option available through the right-click menu, so on my setup it's always on. But i guess it won't take you much time to make it an option, using my code below.
I edided the this.click function of the panel object, line 435, basically i took the previous code and encapsulate it inside a condition :
Code: [Select]
 this.click = (x, y) => {
const enlarged_img_o = enlarged_img;
enlarged_img = !this.text_trace && img.trace(x, y);
if (!ppt.autoEnlarge && enlarged_img && !ppt.text_only && !ppt.img_only && !enlarged_img_o) {
this.mode(1);
} else if(!ppt.autoEnlarge && ppt.img_only) {
this.mode(0); enlarged_img = false;
const enlarged_img_o = enlarged_img;
this.move(x,y,false);
} else {
// Previous this.click code
if (this.zoom() || x < 0 || y < 0 || x > this.w || y > this.h || but.Dn) return;  if (ppt.touchControl && !p.dblClick && Math.sqrt((Math.pow(this.last_pressed_coord.x - x, 2) + Math.pow(this.last_pressed_coord.y - y, 2))) > 3 * s.scale) return; if (t.text && (!ppt.img_only || ppt.text_only) && t.scrollbar_type().onSbar || ppt.heading && t.head && !ppt.img_only && (but.btns["src"] && but.btns["src"].trace(x, y) || but.btns["mt"] && but.btns["mt"].trace(x, y))) return; this.clicked = true; t.logScrollPos(); ppt.artistView = !ppt.artistView; if (ppt.cycPic) {ppt.artistView ? img.photoTimestamp = Date.now() : img.covTimestamp = Date.now();} if (!ppt.sameStyle && (ppt.bioMode != ppt.revMode || ppt.bioStyle != ppt.revStyle)) this.sizes(); t.na = ""; timer.clear(timer.source); ppt.sameStyle || (ppt.bioMode == ppt.revMode && ppt.bioStyle == ppt.revStyle) ? but.check() : but.refresh(true); if (calc) calc = ppt.artistView ? 1 : 2; if (!this.lock && this.multi_new()) {this.get_multi(true); if (!ppt.artistView) t.album_reset();} if (!this.art_ix && ppt.artistView || !this.alb_ix && !ppt.artistView) {t.getText(calc); img.get_images();} else {t.get_multi(calc, this.art_ix, this.alb_ix); img.get_multi(this.art_ix, this.alb_ix);} if (ppt.img_only) img.setCrop(true); if (!ppt.artistView) img.set_chk_arr(null); this.move(x, y, true); t.getScrollPos(); calc = false;
}
};

and eventually, in order to restrain the active zone to the image only and not the whole image row/column, line 2378 you'll have to remove this code in the function this.trace():
if (!ppt.autoEnlarge) return true;

Reply #379
Mouse middle click already toggles image only vs image + text (it's described in the documentation).

Reply #380
ah ok, i didn't saw that because my mouse doesn't have a middle click button (it's broken... : ) Anyway, my code work fine, i'll just have to copy/pastle it on the next version

Reply #381
New Version: Biography 1.0.1

FIX: Artist images should now cycle correctly.

Reply #382
nice work
UR5EQF. Ukraine

Reply #383
Thanks for the fix !

One request : could it always display the fallback text instead of switching to "Image only" mode when the text isn't available ? I mean, the point of the fallback text is to say "we tried to search for a text, but couldn't find one neither of allmusic, neither on last.fm". If it revert to image only, then we loose this information, which say "we tried to find something, but unsuccessfully so far". Then personally i end up trying to clic on the image in order to show the text, and it feel like something is broken.

The code to change seems to be in the function this.getText = (p_calc, update) of the Text function/object. Personally i added p.imgText = true; just after line 1858 and it worked, but i didn't test extensively if it breaks other functions when you do it like that.

Reply #384
Right click > menu > layout > options > dual style auto.  Disable the option.

Reply #385
AH yes, thanks !

Reply #386
Firstly, really appreciate your work.

I got an error message need to be resolved, hope you can help.
The message only occurs when playing particular albums.

Opening track for playback: "C:\muzik\library\[2001] 더 자두 - Jadu Version 0001\11. 일년만에 돌아왔네 (Happy Bitrhday To You!).mp3"
Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.1.5 (Biography v1.0.1 by WilB)
ActiveX_Run failed:
ActiveXObject: Error code 0x800a0035

File: <main>
Line: 2343, Column: 38

Stack trace:
  images@<main>:2343:38
  getArtImages@<main>:2429:21
  Images/this.getArtImg@<main>:2369:140
  Images/this.on_playback_new_track@<main>:2374:230
  on_playback_new_track@<main>:2810:176

Opening track for playback: "C:\muzik\library\[2013] 수상한 커튼 - 아름다운 날\03. 긴 하루.mp3"
ActiveX_Run failed:

Stack trace:

Reply #387
Firstly, really appreciate your work.

Opening track for playback: "C:\muzik\library\[2001] 더 자두 - Jadu Version 0001\11. 일년만에 돌아왔네 (Happy Bitrhday To You!).mp3"
ActiveX_Run failed:

Stack trace:

Opening track for playback: "C:\muzik\library\[2013] 수상한 커튼 - 아름다운 날\03. 긴 하루.mp3"
ActiveX_Run failed:

Stack trace:
Update:

I tried to figure out the crash pattern. For now, what I found is that it only happens when artist's name is any one of below. Image files are existing btw. Hope it's helpful.

더 자두
두번째 달
벨 에포크 (Belle Epoque)
수상한 커튼
윤도현 밴드
테이크(Take)
크라잉 넛

Update2:

Ugh... I guess I found a solution.
After I turned on "Beta: use unicode utf-8 for worldwide language support" in the system locale setting, the issue seems resolved. But honestly, I have no idea what happened.

Reply #388
Which system locale are you using (I assume you are on Windows 10)?

Reply #389
Which system locale are you using (I assume you are on Windows 10)?
My settings is
Build: 10.0.17134 N/A Build 17134
System locale: Simple Chinese

Reply #390
Makes sense, those names appear to be Korean.

Reply #391
Do you mean by any chance, that you've encountered this problem before?

PS: @WilB, @seongbin moved the discussion here, since Uploads section is not a proper place to discuss bugz :D

Reply #392
Do you mean by any chance, that you've encountered this problem before?

PS: @WilB, @seongbin moved the discussion here, since Uploads section is not a proper place to discuss bugz :D

I have not encountered this issue before.
And I just double checked by switching back to previous settings(before utilizing Spider Monkey Panel) as below.

* turned off utf-8 support in system locale settings
* foo_jscript_panel-v2.2.0.1
* Biography 0.9.0.3

It turns out everything is fine with JScript Panel.

But for Spider Monkey Panel, I have to turn on utf-8 support.

Hope it's helpful.

Reply #393
Thanks for your helpful feedback. I did report the issue here in response to your very first post on the matter.

Reply #394
I am using artist pics auto-fetched from biography for Br3tts JS Smooth Browser on marc2k3s JScript Panel on a portable foobar installation. The artist pics are stored under the standard path set in biography.ini:
%profile%\yttm\art_img\$lower($cut(%BIO_ARTIST%,1))\%BIO_ARTIST%
I am currently trying to remove all absolute paths in the installation to be able to easily move the installation to other computers.
Br3tts JS Smooth Browser seems to search for artist pics in the folders given in Preferences/Display/Album art/Artist. Here, I used so far the absolute path
 C:\path_to_my_portable_foobar\yttm\art_img\$lower($cut(%artist%,1))\%artist%\*.jpg  
which works perfect.
To get rid of the absolute path, I tried
 .\yttm\art_img\$lower($cut(%artist%,1))\%artist%\*.jpg  
which does not work as foobar expecting a path relative to the library location. Everything around %path% is as well pointing to the library location, which is different from the portable foobar location in my case. %profile% does not work as well, als this variable is not known on that level.
Does anybody know how to adress the portable installation path within Preferences/Display/Album art/Artist?

By the way: rectangular artist pics are less nice when used within JS Smooth Browser as there is no auto-fill or crop function and therefore deteriorate the nice grid view. Any idea on how to add auto-fill to JS Smooth Browser or, alternatively, limit auto-fetch in biography to square artist pics?

Reply #395
1) Perhaps a central save location could be used for artist images in the same place as the music library? That could be used by all portable installs. It would also save duplicating stuff in foobar2000 folders of the various portable installs. Existing images could be moved to that location.
e.g.
Z:\bio_data\art_img\$lower($cut(%BIO_ARTIST%,1))\%BIO_ARTIST%

A common album art artist pattern could then be used:
Z:\bio_data\art_img\$lower($cut(%artist%,1))\%artist%\*.jpg

Whether this method is viable depends on how you have things organised etc.

As an alternative I think extended variables can be used (last revision, 0.4, 2018). Documentation seemed difficult to find. Best I found was this.

Extended variables provides %FOOBAR_PATH%, which I think, on a portable install, should give want you want:

Album art artist pattern
%FOOBAR_PATH%yttm\art_img\$lower($cut(%artist%,1))\%artist%\*.jpg

2) Artist image crop function (autofill). The JS Smooth Browser image handling would need changing, but the script isn't mine, and so I am reluctant to post or pm modifications without it being OK'd by marc2k3. Have you asked marc2k3 to add the option anyway? I do already pretty much have the required code written since I added the feature, for personal use, to another falstaff script with essentially the same image code.

Reply #396
Hello WilB,
%FOOBAR_PATH% is exactly what I was looking for, thanks a lot!!
On the JS Smooth Browser artist image crop function (autofill): you know that marc2k3 is not posting here. I could try reaching him on reddit. Or any other idea how to reach him?

Reply #398
Thanks + done (see here)

Reply #399
@seongbin I could not reproduce your issue (even with Chinese locale enabled on Win10). Could you please PM me one of the problematic mp3's with corresponding art image?