Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Full 24/96khz unmastered track for tests/analysis (Read 27717 times) previous topic - next topic

Full 24/96khz unmastered track for tests/analysis

Reply #25

However, my sound card (Audigy 2 NX) is resampling everything to 96khz, and the difference I'm hearing might be related to that.

Thanks for posting your results
How does foo_abx play the udial sample on your soundcard ?

Pio, I'll follow-up with udial results and 96->44->96 SSRC results on Monday when I get back into the office.

Reply #26
I am new to audio and I could not get the file (full24/96khz) all I got was a german site and a bunch of text that looked like music ?> something LOL

Where can I get the file
Thanks for your time

Starship Warrior

Reply #27
Try right-clicking on the link and "save as".

Reply #28
Hi !
I just done my personal mastering of this track using Audition: it sounds great !

Reply #29
Hi !
I just done my personal mastering of this track using Audition: it sounds great !

Fun!  Do you happen to still have that master?  I'd like to hear it.

Reply #30
for everyone interested in this, i recovered the file and uploaded it here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RQXCSHSN

have fun!
member of the "i have a cat-avatar"-group ;)

Reply #31
Great job. Thanks a lot for this. I have the file on my older HD, but I was too lazy to plug it in. Luckily the file was still available online ;-)

Reply #32
When I play this track in WMP11 I get a lot of hiss during playback. I tried it in VLC and media player classic and I don't get any sound at all. It works fine when I convert it to a 320kbps mp3 though.

I have an Auzentech X-Fi prelude soundcard with the latest drivers.

Does anyone have any idea what might be the problem?

Reply #33
When I play this track in WMP11 I get a lot of hiss during playback. I tried it in VLC and media player classic and I don't get any sound at all. It works fine when I convert it to a 320kbps mp3 though.

I have an Auzentech X-Fi prelude soundcard with the latest drivers.

Does anyone have any idea what might be the problem?

Since an mp3 only supports up to 48Khz, at one point the wav has been downsampled and is playing at that sampling rate.
I would first check that the fle, downsampled to 48Khz  plays on those programs (with audacity or whatever you have at hand) , and if the file plays at 96 inside audacity, try to save it again because maybe those programs don't understand the specific format in which the .wav is saved.

Reply #34
Could anyone upload this file anywhere, except MegaUpload? I don't want to install their toolbar, and whenever I click a link to them, it says all slots for my country are unavailable