Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Program for videos (Read 8472 times) previous topic - next topic

Program for videos

Here's a little question I've been meaning to ask.  What is to video as fb2k/winamp is to audio?

Program for videos

Reply #3
I agree wit CiTay. It must be Media Player Classic. Though it seem even more "simpler" than Foobar. Only one file and no installation. And features are great.
Juha Laaksonheimo

Program for videos

Reply #4
Another vote here for Media Player Classic.

Program for videos

Reply #5
I use Winamp and Media Player Classic, depending on my mood.

I'd use MPC more exclusively, but it doesn't seem to be able to take and hold a file association at all.

Program for videos

Reply #6
Media Player Classic here too. Very configurable, all the features I want, rapid development, lightweighted and freeware.

cya

Program for videos

Reply #7
I've been using Zoom Player for the last 3 years, mostly because of the...well...zoom function
Very handy for those 16:9 movies that look like a tiny strip on my TV. I think Media Player Classic does more things out of the box, but since I've installed al the necessary plugins a long time ago I don't feel the need to change to anything other than Zoom Player. (and the newest skin looks great IMHO)
So much music, so little time...

Program for videos

Reply #8
I just tried MPC and it does the job great. Canar is right though, the weak file assocation can be a bit annoying.

Program for videos

Reply #9
I love Sasami2k. It's not developed any longer, but it has some nice extra filters and it is the best player for mouse users.

Program for videos

Reply #10
Media Player Classic here too, even though it doesn't matter too much to me, since they all utilize DirectShow, even though MPC gives you more control about the filters used and has its own build in ones.
"To understand me, you'll have to swallow a world." Or maybe your words.

Program for videos

Reply #11
since iam working quite a lot with pal video , which isnt 1:1 i need a player that can manually override the AR. (sasami and zoomplayer are curently installed)

sasami problems:
-doesnt recognize the nonstandard display iam using (it is 15:10), so the positioner is moving outside of the tracks...
-i cant find an option to overlay time.

zoom player problem:
-featureitis

will try mpc.
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

Program for videos

Reply #12
I've been using Zoom Player for the last 3 years, mostly because of the...well...zoom function

Check Options -> Keys in MPC. You can control zooming with the Numpad keys. You can zoom in or out, width and height seperately and also reset it again, all with the buttons 1 through 9. 

Program for videos

Reply #13
Media Player Classic (I use Zoom Player and BsPlayer too)
[ Commodore 64 Forever...! ]

Program for videos

Reply #14
I've tried all mentioned here except crystal, which I will shortly.  I keep going back to MV2 player.

http://mv2.czweb.org/

Very nice keyboard/mouse controls.  Also, the overlay mode works best with my nvidia TV out.  Windowed video displays full screen on the TV.  I'll say it again:  Nice.
Gur svggrfg funyy fheivir lrg gur hasvg znl yvir. Jr zhfg ercrng.

Program for videos

Reply #15
The Core Media Player pre-RC5  !

Program for videos

Reply #16
Another vote here for Media Player Classic. Simple et efficient with great features. It can even play DVDs. And it's often updated. Moreover, Gabest can be easily found at Doom9.

Program for videos

Reply #17
Media Player Classic

Program for videos

Reply #18
Two MPCs, both great and I use both...
superdumprob

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" - Albert Einstein

Program for videos

Reply #19
How is Media Player Classic for just playing audio? Would I be better off with Winamp or fb2k?

Program for videos

Reply #20
Whilst Media Player Classic can play many audio types (not as many as foobar, I believe it only plays those with direct show filters or with any built in filters it has), it has no playlist.  Therefore you would be better to use foobar2000/Winamp to play music.

Program for videos

Reply #21
IIRC MPC has a playlist, it just isn't shown by default (I'm not at home right now so I cannot check).
Always defragment your MP3s to avoid subtle lack in harmonics.

Program for videos

Reply #22
I vote for Zoom Player. It has served me well for years.

With MPC I have experienced couple of weird things, but I have not tried the recent versions.'

And don't forget to kick the DivX codec the f*ck out of your computer, and replace it with FFDSHOW.

Program for videos

Reply #23
I use mpc. Tcmp is too complicated to use and the dvd features cost money. Tcmp also looks too much like Winamp. Winamp might be a good audio player but the interface isn't ideal for video and I'm a foobar2000 zealot. Mpc is easy and fast. My main reason for choosing mpc is attached.

Program for videos

Reply #24
I've been using MPC for the most part since reading this thread, but I must say that crystalplayer (if you can get over the "cute" interface) is a nice package.

My main reason for choosing mpc is attached.

I don't understand.  Is it because it looks similar?

Edit:  Anyone try MV2 player?  If you do so press "o" for some stats.
Gur svggrfg funyy fheivir lrg gur hasvg znl yvir. Jr zhfg ercrng.