Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: NAS DRIVES /SWITCH BOX..? (Read 5477 times) previous topic - next topic

NAS DRIVES /SWITCH BOX..?

just wondering which nas drive to buy...thinking of a qnap hs-210 with raid 4tb x2 WD RED.are fan less better..?

going to be using NAS downstairs  then via tp-link hard-wire a cyrus or naim streamer upstairs.

Also Cyrus recommend a switch box to reduce interference and direct the signal better.

1. Where do i buy a switch box

2.Which one shall i get..???

NAS DRIVES /SWITCH BOX..?

Reply #1
just wondering which nas drive to buy...thinking of a qnap hs-210 with raid 4tb x2 WD RED.are fan less better..?

QNAP NASes are a good choice, you can't really go wrong with them.

going to be using NAS downstairs  then via tp-link hard-wire a cyrus or naim streamer upstairs.

Also Cyrus recommend a switch box to reduce interference and direct the signal better.

1. Where do i buy a switch box

2.Which one shall i get..???

I assume by switch box you mean a network switch. As you will be hard-wiring it directly to your TP-Link router you will not need one as your TP-Link already has one. They do not reduce interference, ethernet is a differential digital signal. If you are using WiFi to connect your streaming device, you may possibly get interference.