Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 2.19 - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.. - EAC 1.6 related? (Read 2568 times) previous topic - next topic

2.19 - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.. - EAC 1.6 related?

Using cuetools 2.19 (an experimental version https://github.com/gchudov/cuetools.net/pull/122 ), I get this error when trying to encode two albums to mp3 or flac. I tried CBR and VBR for the mp3 encodes. The source of the encoding are .wav images of the cds and a corresponding cue file.

They were created by EAC v1.6.  Cuetools 2.19 encodes all of my other files ripped with eac 1.5 and earlier. Using Cuetools 2.14, the same files encode with no problem.

Another problem is that a folder.jpg file is not used as embedded artwork in another album with the 2.19 version, but is included with the 2.16 version.

Re: 2.19 - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.. - EAC 1.6 related?

Reply #1
If this is happening with two particular images I'd like to see the CUE sheets so I can test if the error occurs using dummy audio.
Embedded artwork. 2.1.9 has an online cover search and the local cover search. I haven't had a chance to test scenarios yet to see what has priority and when popup windows are offered (no popups in batch mode).
korth

Re: 2.19 - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.. - EAC 1.6 related?

Reply #2
How do I send you the cue sheets?

Regarding the artwork. I had already downloaded artwork and created a folder.jpg file. So the artwork lookup was not involved. It wasn't included in the encode with the 2.19 version, but was with 2.16.

Reply #3
See PM

So the artwork lookup was not involved
So you had Album Art Search disabled?
Settings > Advanced Settings > CTDB > Album art search > None
Local search is
Settings > Advanced Settings > Cover Art Files > folder.jpg;cover.jpg;...
korth

Reply #4
See PM

So the artwork lookup was not involved
So you had Album Art Search disabled?
Settings > Advanced Settings > CTDB > Album art search > None
Local search is
Settings > Advanced Settings > Cover Art Files > folder.jpg;cover.jpg;...

Have sent a cue file.

'Album Art Search disabled' was not disabled. (Never knew about this). The artwork file is called 'Folder.jpg', not 'folder.jpg'.
Is the Cover Art Files list case sensitive?

I tried renaming the file and turning off Album Art Search. Still fails under 2.19 dev build

Reply #5
I downloaded 2.20 and tested it out on the specific rips of the CDs that I was having problems with.
They all encoded to flac and mp3 without any errors.  So, I think this can be closed off as an issue.
You may recall that the version of 2.19 was a special build as I had trouble getting the main release of 2.19 to run.
So I think have to assume it was somehow related...

moving on to 2.20...Thanks for the help.

Reply #6
Hi dpr,
good to hear, that CUETools 2.2.0 is working for you.
It looks like the error was related to the affected .cue files being encoded in UTF-8 (without BOM).
Support for reading .cue files in UTF-8 encoding was added between 2.1.9 and 2.2.0:
https://github.com/gchudov/cuetools.net/commit/d6470d5f0cb42fc7fde2290275280feb6907875b

Reply #8
@dpr could you please try to encode the rips of the CDs, where the exception occurred, using CUETools 2.2.0 with disabled "Verify using CTDB"?
See also:
https://github.com/gchudov/cuetools.net/issues/148#issuecomment-1013924967

Hi
If I disable "Verify using CTDB", i get the error. This is in 2.20 and the rip created with EAC 1.6.
I also get the error on a different rip created with EAC 1.5.

dpr

Reply #9
Hi dpr,
thanks for checking and confirming, where the issue is coming from.
Wolfgang

Reply #10
Wolfgang, Thanks for all your work on cuetools!