Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Need Help With Browser Search (Read 6998 times) previous topic - next topic

Need Help With Browser Search

hi,

so i'm sort of new to foobar. i set up everything using the columns ui and it looks great and suits my preferences well. the only problem is, the browser is not showing anything under artists except <MISSING>.
the format is set to $if2(%artist%,<MISSING>), the sort has an asterisk in it, and precedence is 1. All my music files in foobar are tagged with artist names. how do i fix this? my album browser is working just fine, so i do not know what is wrong.

Reply #1
still need help, anyone know what the problem is?

Reply #2
The problem is the missunderstanding of the $if2(if,then) command.

$if2(%artist%,<MISSING>) means that if a %artist% is available, then <MISSING> is returned.And this works like it should.

It must be $if(%artist%,%artist%,<MISSING>)

Reply #3

$if2(%artist%,<MISSING>) means that if a %artist% is available, then <MISSING> is returned.And this works like it should.

No, no that's not his problem.

The logic of $if2() is $if2(a,else), as he has done correctly.

His problem is something else.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #4

No, the OP's usage is actually correct:

$if2(a,else)
Like $if(a,a,else) except that a is only evaluated once.

(Foobar titleformat reference).

Reply #5
ok, i have tried the different $if2() and it has not worked. so shakey snake is right, the problem is something else. what else could it be?

here's a picture for reference, sorry it's a little blurry, but you should be able to make everything out
set up

Reply #6
bump: does anybody know a solution to this problem?

Reply #7
bump: does anybody know a solution to this problem?

Try using CUI's Filter Panel instead of the browser panel. It should be faster, and should hopefully not have the same problem.

Reply #8
I ever used foo_browser component. There is nothing wrong with your settings. I don't know why, either.
I just want to tell you that cwbowron (the developer) has stopped developing his components.
You can use foo_facets by Frank Bicking. (for Default UI)
Or just like kanak said: use Filter panel from Columns UI.
These two panels are even better than browser panel.

Reply #9
well i tried resetting all my layout options on foobar and it somehow started working now. thanks for the help everyone