Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Local Video Player (foo_video) (Read 50903 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Local Video Player (foo_video)

Reply #50
明けましておめでとうございます。
Chimera Ver.0.4.3.0 How to use

Download and Install(загрузки & установки)
※foobar2000 is 32bit Software.

Option(Параметры)

Setting(параметры)
foobar2000->Preference->Advanced->Chimera->...

How to play
You play video file(.mp4, .mkv, ...) by foobar2000.

Video 傾福さん(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW03pGvaGfc)
Copyright © 2017 irodori

Reply #51
I still use this plugin every day, thank you so much!

I'm having a small issue with some videos that have audio right away--the audio will play for a little and then the video starts, causing a small pause in the audio. I've tested disabling the video player and that fixes it, so it's definitely the video player that's causing this behavior. I'm using LAV.

Is there anything to be done about this? I tried to use madVR (which made it worse) and adjust the enhanced video renderer settings (it doesn't seem to change anything).

Here's an example of a video file that's affected: 【FGO】コスモスインザロストベルトopening【4k動画】%20(720p).mp4?dl=0

When I play this, the first 2 notes of the string opening will play, then a short break, then the rest. It's rarely the case that a file starts this strongly so it's not a big deal, but I thought I'd bring it up anyway in case a solution can be found.

Reply #52
I still use this plugin every day, thank you so much!

I'm having a small issue with some videos that have audio right away--the audio will play for a little and then the video starts, causing a small pause in the audio. I've tested disabling the video player and that fixes it, so it's definitely the video player that's causing this behavior. I'm using LAV.

Is there anything to be done about this? I tried to use madVR (which made it worse) and adjust the enhanced video renderer settings (it doesn't seem to change anything).

Here's an example of a video file that's affected: 【FGO】コスモスインザロストベルトopening【4k動画】%20(720p).mp4?dl=0

When I play this, the first 2 notes of the string opening will play, then a short break, then the rest. It's rarely the case that a file starts this strongly so it's not a big deal, but I thought I'd bring it up anyway in case a solution can be found.

>>OK.
I think that, that bug is less impact than old them in "Ver.0.5.0.0".
But, not perfect yet.

Chimera(foo_video) Ver.0.5.0.0

[add] Chimera preferences.
[add] Matroska Chapter Support
[Fix] Bug Fix

Download
http://fucrowrabbit.sakura.ne.jp/foo_video/index_foo_video.html

Author: FuCrowRabbit
Twitter: @FuCrowRabbit

Reply #53
Thank you! this version seems to fix the issue in every video that previously had it. Wonderful!

Reply #54
My web sites is going to move to another server.
(https://twitter.com/FuCrowRabbit/status/998963157765779456)

Version 0.5.0.0 Download
Mirror Site:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=13D11zXTnRBP1BQEEqdCTBX8jSzLE9D8U

And...
ffdshow is not working on my PC. (Due to Win10 Versions up?)
So, SVP is not working too.
I have to take another steps.

Reply #55
@CrowRabbit,
I like your idea, because I like watching videos and internet TV stream using fb2k (with foo_youtube component).
Do you plan to develop your component ? Do you plan to support (for example) Columns UI, internet TV stream ?

Thanks.

Reply #56
Thank you for post!

Internet TV Stream Support ... No
Because... have some problems (Ex. Copyright)

Columns UI Support ... Maybe

@CrowRabbit,
I like your idea, because I like watching videos and internet TV stream using fb2k (with foo_youtube component).
Do you plan to develop your component ? Do you plan to support (for example) Columns UI, internet TV stream ?

Thanks.

Reply #57
Thank you for this update! The frame no longer resizes--and keeping the image window open was a great improvement!

A small suggestion--is it possible to remove the top bar from the video window? The one that has the Chimera(EVR) and the minimize/maximize/close buttons.

Thanks again :)

Hello,
can u tell me how did you get the list of videos to show in foobar?
Do I have to do a drag and drop or can't I select a video directory to select all the files and show them in the foobar GUI?

Regards

Reply #58
Hello,
Try adding a folder with videos to the library folders.
Library menu > Configure > Media Library > Music Folders > Add...

Reply #59
Hello,
Try adding a folder with videos to the library folders.
Library menu > Configure > Media Library > Music Folders > Add...

yes thanks I already did that, but wherwe on the GUI will I see the videos?
In the same boxes as the music?
Currently I have a Genre Box, Artist Box, and Albums Box as shown below.
Do I have to add a new Movies Box somehow?
What box did you add in order to show the videos?
https://imgur.com/a/cYLEntf

Regards

Reply #60
Damn, just play them... A pop-up window will open. You don't need to configure it.

Reply #61
Thank you for using!
And, thanks for replied answers instead of me!

1. You should install LAV Filters.
https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters/releases

2. Box doesn't matter.
You can watch when you play videos( .mp4, .mkv ...) with foobar2000.

Currently I have a Genre Box, Artist Box, and Albums Box as shown below.
Do I have to add a new Movies Box somehow?
What box did you add in order to show the videos?
https://imgur.com/a/cYLEntf

Regards

Reply #62
Yes, they should show up as '?' or 'unknown' because most videos have no %genre% or %artist% tags. I'm not even using this component but I can add video folders and see them in the library (MP4 specifically, perhaps not all file-types)

Reply #63
Damn, just play them... A pop-up window will open. You don't need to configure it.

I have over 20000 Albums and over 5000 ripped movies.I like them to be organized within FOOBAR as the music is organized.
Anyways I figured it out myself. All you have to do is add an Artist to the video.
If there is NO Artist in the metadata for the video file, then foobar will NOT show it in the GUI.

I hope this helps someone as it helped me!

Reply #64

Yes, they should show up as '?' or 'unknown' because most videos have no %genre% or %artist% tags. I'm not even using this component but I can add video folders and see them in the library (MP4 specifically, perhaps not all file-types)

Thanks for your mature response, I already figured it out, the video will NOT show up if there is no Artist in the metadata for the video.  Also the videos cannot be AVI, mpg, etc, or anything other then MP4 or mkv.  I converted all my videos to mkv and added an artist to the videos and now they are showing up.

regards

Reply #65
Hello,

I tried to use the plugin with windows 10.
I installed the plugin 0.5 in foobar and LAV Filters wit the installer.
I put an mpk and an mp4 video file in my playlist but there is no video showing up where is the problem?

Reply #66
Hello,

I put an mpk and an mp4 video file in my playlist but there is no video showing up where is the problem?

Did you see preferences of Chimera?
Please put check boxes of Scan Extensions.

(Menu) File > Preferences > Tools > Chimera

Reply #67
Ah thank you, my fault, now it works
I really like your plugin. Much better than start vlc to watch an music video.

Reply #68
Thanks for your mature response, I already figured it out, the video will NOT show up if there is no Artist in the metadata for the video.  Also the videos cannot be AVI, mpg, etc, or anything other then MP4 or mkv.  I converted all my videos to mkv and added an artist to the videos and now they are showing up.

regards

foobar2000(default) is not supported AVI and mpg(MPEG-1).
Chimera is not components which add unsupported audio-format of foobar2000.

I think it was a good choice to convert to mkv from AVI or MPG.
Because, AVI and MPG is old video-format.

Reply #69
Version 0.5.0.1 Download
Mirror Site:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cUTDbgnl3EfB0wH_UmYjwq_fTA7VXHzZ/view?usp=sharing

[Fix] VSFilter is working. (I hadn't noticed until now.)
VSFilter automatically integrates subtitles into the video player.
Download URL: https://www.videohelp.com/software/VSFilter-DirectVobSub
foobar2000 is 32bit Software.

Reply #70
Please add the ability to play video without the artist field. Also integrate the video extensions to system so that I can use it directly as a player with double click.

OK I understand the lack of interest in avi files so I won't insist.

Reply #71
Please add the ability to play video without the artist field. Also integrate the video extensions to system so that I can use it directly as a player with double click.

@koupa
Chimera can play videos without the artist field of tags.
It read only File path.

Reply #72
Hello,

Did you see preferences of Chimera?
Please put check boxes of Scan Extensions.

(Menu) File > Preferences > Tools > Chimera

@koupa
Chimera can play videos without the artist field of tags.
It read only File path.

OK!!! I forgot to check the boxes.

Another question. Is it possible to integrate the video window to main app? I see that there is a video view but when I select it it's always empty. Just give me that feature and I'll throw away jriver for ever.

Reply #73
Love the component, thanks for making it.

It seems to have a bug: if Foobar's playback is set to "random" or "shuffle", the first video normally, then on finishing it stops all playback without changing tracks.  I hope that's an easy fix.

Reply #74
Hi I've installed it but can't find how to add it as a panel and the player window does not show am I missing something?