Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Discussion of "Default UI Gallery" (Read 376086 times) previous topic - next topic

Discussion of "Default UI Gallery"

Reply #550
you can't just paste a picture. 

it needs to be hosted online and you'll need a URL beginning with http:// to put in your post. there are plenty of free image hosts out there. i can't really recommend one as i just use dropbox. if you use it, just save the image in your public folder>right click>Dropbox>Copy public link.

Reply #551
Thanks, I'll try it.

Reply #552
great underworld album!

you mind sharing your spectral colours/setup with me marc? they seem to look a lot smoother than mine. also, how did you mod the play buttons, is that a wsh mod panel script?

Reply #553
great underworld album!

you mind sharing your spectral colours/setup with me marc? they seem to look a lot smoother than mine. also, how did you mod the play buttons, is that a wsh mod panel script?

it's all WSH panel mod. the buttons are included in a pack of scripts i share here. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22801321/wsh/samples.zip (script is named themed toolbar buttons)

the bottom bar is actually a WSH panel mod seekbar. it's also included in the above bundle. it does require extra downloads though, links are included in the script. it needs SoX and ffmpeg to generate the spectrogram and these take around 30MB of disk space. my script then triggers them to creates the images as you play each track. it takes a few seconds (or more depending on track length). the default settings create files around 80KB for each track. or to put it another way, i've played 716 tracks since i made it and it's using 54MB of disk space. there are cleanup options on the right click menu.

Reply #554
nice one thanks! will have a play around later.

Reply #555
Added a tab for an ungrouped playlist. Great for shuffle playback, and for filtered facet results

Are you using waveform seekbar? Mind sharing that color scheme?

Reply #556
garbanzo.bean (Post #346),    how do you manage to use color formatting in DUI ?

Reply #557
garbanzo.bean (Post #346),    how do you manage to use color formatting in DUI ?

You can see by the blue playing-arrow that it's EsPlaylist. It supports e.g. $rgb(r,g,b) in the column format.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Reply #558
I use EsPlaylist . . . . and as far as I know, it allows highlighting/dimming using its own special syntax.
I have also read the user manual (txt file) and did not see any mention of $rgb(r,g,b).
Are you 100% sure that EsPlaylist allows use of conditional color formatting in fb2k Default User Interface?

Reply #559
you really have to ask even though you can see it right before your eyes? even testing it would have been less effort than typing out that post.

edit: but if you must insist on more confirmation then it really is 100% yes. i've used it myself for a couple of years now.

Reply #560
I swear to God I have played with the syntax of EsPlaylist in the past to achieve this effect but got nothing.
Anyhow, I tried again . . . . and it works. YES, ESPLALIST ACCEPTS $RGB INPUT.

I must say, the reason it failed last time is because I was prefixing the color code to the beginning of a long expression, and I was not inserting the $RGB code in the correct place.

Reply #561
I've seen a few implementations that use the VU meter-stageline VU 800 meter.

I tried to use the same one, but when I set left+right layout, they always display side by side and not over/under. The only way I could get over/under is by doing 2 of them, but then I'm stuck with an extra splitter which looks terrible.

Can anyone who tried and got the over/under please give me a tip?

thanks much!

Reply #562
I've seen a few implementations that use the VU meter-stageline VU 800 meter.

I tried to use the same one, but when I set left+right layout, they always display side by side and not over/under. The only way I could get over/under is by doing 2 of them, but then I'm stuck with an extra splitter which looks terrible.

Can anyone who tried and got the over/under please give me a tip?

thanks much!

First you have to make sure that you have both of the stageline files, StageLine VU 800 SW1.bin and StageLine VU 800 SW2.bin, the second one is required for proper layout.

Then, you can set the layout to Left+Right (V) to get it to show as such:

Reply #563
Then, you can set the layout to Left+Right (V) to get it to show as such:

What version of VU Meter do you have? I do not have 2 Left+Right options for H+V (v.2012-05-12), but that would certainly help!

Reply #565
it's nice having a full size screen again.

one
two

Might be a rather old post but i'm wondering if you still have around the script for the bottom bar that shows the FLAC image when you are playing a flac track along with the information on the rightside of it if not how would i do that to show either the FLAC/MP3 image when im playing either kind of tracks

Reply #566
it's a script for WSH panel mod. i've uploaded it here... https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2280132.../properties.txt

you might want to edit the code on line 45 for the images folder location. you can create your own images folder inside your foobar profile folder (or main foobar folder if using portable mode).

you'll need to get the images yourself. i used this set of icons on deviantart. http://dexxaboy.deviantart.com/art/Foobar2000-Icons-67863639

they're ico files but you can use a program called icofx to batch extract png files from them all at once. then rename them to match the codecs you're using.

icofx is now shareware but this old version 1.6.4 is free: http://filehippo.com/download_icofx/6890/

Reply #567
I added a Track View version of my playlist with sortable column headers for organizing and such. Not sure why I never did this before, it's really useful when sorting, tagging, and rating tracks.

(Yeah I have a lot of duplicate Björk tracks. That's what I get for feeling the compulsive urge to collect every release...)

I think http://i47.tinypic.com/16beb9v.png and http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/3431/we0.png are gorgeous and I've spent the better part of a day trying to replicate them.  Would you mind writing up a step-by-step for your current setup?

Reply #568
the column on the left is foo_facets. http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_facets

the main playlist is EsPlaylist. http://foo2k.chottu.net/#esp

it's the only playlist viewer for default UI that supports colour. you simply edit each column and insert this code before the title formatting...

Code: [Select]
$rgb(255,0,0)

that would be red. you can save that screenshot above and use the color picker in an image editing application to get the colours. you can do this with mspaint on windows 7/8. i don't think earlier versions have it but paint.net would be a good alternative.

Reply #569
@ marc2003

How do you get the Album Art displayed within the cover?

Reply #571
This is probably a looooong shot.

I was wondering if it's possible to change the DUI Selection and Highlight colors to match the album art.

So this is what it is at the moment:

But I want it to change to match the album art colours when you select an album to play like this:

I've seen something similar where br3tt/falstaff remade the itunes 11 theme for foobar. Br3tt's DUItunes

I'm hoping this is possible because it would be an awesome feature.

Reply #572
he uses some function in WSH panel mod and you can share the grabbed colours with other WSH panels but you cannot affect the main preferences or other components.

Reply #573
Damn that sucks.

Reply #574
Damn that sucks.

possible only if all the panels were WSH Panel Mod  but not only selection and highlight colors are to change, because what happen if the main album color is similar to the other panel background ? you won't se anymore the selection or highlight...