Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Discussion of "Default UI Gallery" (Read 376053 times) previous topic - next topic

Discussion of "Default UI Gallery"

Reply #601
Foobar2000 is really awesome! Thanks to the developers!!

I've finally configured out how to make the title bar text shortened...
For example, this Japanese song's title is "鈴懸の木の道で「君の微笑みを夢に見る」と言ってしまったら僕たちの関係はどう変わってしまうのか、僕なりに何日か考えた上でのやや気恥ずかしい結論のようなもの" which completely mess up the title bar, but I managed to make it display only "鈴懸の木の道で「君の[...]しい結論のようなもの"

This song's article in English Wikipedia is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzukake_no_K...Y%C5%8D_na_Mono in case anyone want to know... 

Reply #602
Welcome! I have a little pink in my default UI too. Pink FTW!

Reply #603
Garbanzox.bean, how would I go about modifying your config so the info bar allows the text to be read as a line underneath, rather than be hidden when the box isn't big enough?

See the ASMZ album, how the release info is covered. It would be nice if it displayed the whole thing, with the rest of the text made into a new line.

Reply #604
that's not possible. consider using foo_textdisplay if you want to display large chunks of text.

Reply #606
Did some further tweaking. Displays all I want to see and is reasonably clean.

i see you've mangled in the rating script into your toolbar as well.... but there's not really much need for it - falstaff's playlist script lets you rate tracks directly from the playlist itself.

Reply #607
Mangled? Whatever.

I don't normally have cursor following so it makes it easy to rate on the fly where it is.

Reply #608
Some slight adjustments to color and spacing, and some refined Title Formatting in some areas. Forever evolving

it's uperb!...it's possible to share?.thx
more or less, minus is best

Reply #609
Kudos to devs for Foobar - indeed great. I'm a new convert.  Just 3 quick ques...

1. can someone tell me how to create command or menu so that delete button not only deletes song from library but also from computer.

2. to retag my songs (as some are messed up- just say track 1 ...), if I want to do this across multiples folders and tell foobar to rename album name from "folder name" and song name from  filename (minus any numbers in there) - how do I do that ?

3. to get volume normalization across my playlist- which can span multiple folders, even on home network- whats the best way.

thanks a lot, in advance

Reply #611
Started to play around with Default UI after using Columns UI for ages now. I noticed a significant performance boost when filter my large libraries using DUI. Used the TABS heavily to customize with my different preference, i.e. when tagging music, browsing and listening, or just listening at full screen and amazed by others 

it's uperb!...it's possible to share?.thx

Reply #613

Reply #614
Sculptured this one over the past years. Only thing I might want to do is some additional text-colouring. Very lightweight, needs only 25mb RAM. Still clever. I love it! It's a pitty you can't hide the menu-bar in DUI.

Reply #615
Sculptured this one over the past years. Only thing I might want to do is some additional text-colouring. Very lightweight, needs only 25mb RAM. Still clever. I love it! It's a pitty you can't hide the menu-bar in DUI.

you CAN if you try foo_uihacks.dll...
A rose will bloom, it then will fade.

Reply #616
 ).
any idea?

Reply #618
After using Simplaylist for quite a while as I got it to work for classical music I decided to try something different. Here is the result of much tinkering.

There are 6 WSH panel mod objects in use of which Falstaff's beautiful new JSPlaylist is the key part of the layout. As classical music buffs know it can be challenging using the right metadata to properly catalogue such a collection.

I've started thinking about and experimenting with how to use the custom metadata in different ways other than presenting everything album by album as I've always done before. I'm still using Facets (on another tab) to list my complete collection.

What do you think?

PS: JsPlaylist by Falstaff

Reply #619
After using Simplaylist for quite a while as I got it to work for classical music I decided to try something different. Here is the result of much tinkering.

Wow.  I appreciate the unique tagging requirements imposed by classical recordings.  I have yet to tackle it myself, but... from a purely visual perspective, what you have going on there looks incredible.  Fantastic work.

I would be interested to know more about your approach, and how the "experimenting" evolves it.

Reply #620
I hope this is the right spot to ask my UI questions, as I have two related to the properties dialogue.
  • When I select a track and view its properties, the new window has two tabs - "Metadata" and "Properties". Is it possible to add a third tab for album art? I simply have a cover.png in the same folder as the audio files, and I've added "cover.png" to the list of art strings that fb2k searches for.
  • Is it possible to change the default height of a field on the metadata tab? I want to be able to view multi-line comment tags without having to click the (...) on the comment line. Similarly, I'd like to have the UNSYNCEDLYRICS tag always display as multiple lines (or on its own tab).

When I entered the layout editing mode, I wasn't able to change anything in the properties window; only the main fb2k window responded, so I thought I'd ask here. Thanks!

Reply #621
the properties dialog is really isn't customisable except for the default font set by clicking on the tools button. you can also add your own default fields in the advanced preferences but that's it.

Reply #622
Hm, bummer. The reason I wanted to put the album art there is that I don't want to change my main window layout to always have the album art taking up space. I only want to be able to look at it now and then at full size, which would make the fb2k window take up most of my screen. Is it possible to open a separate window for the album art, or can you only add a pane (that's always visible) to the rest of the interface for it?

Reply #623
It's too late to edit the original post, but I wanted to report that I found a solution for the album art by using the Columns UI + Popup Panels components. The flexibility of fb2k triumphs again!

Reply #624
Im using Default UI. More reasons. 1. awesome library tree 2. layout - im cant make Columns UI layout like this picture! Especially bottom part, over the entire width of the window - tabbed EQ+Spectrogram and VU meter.