Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How may I see the last time the songs of the albums were played? (Read 4641 times) previous topic - next topic

How may I see the last time the songs of the albums were played?

Hello
I'm using winamp and I want to switch to foobar2000 because winamp crash my computer, and it is very unstable. I was using Foobar2000 and I love it... but I have a problem...
Normally, I take 20 or 30 music albums to listen... and I put them in my library (in winamp or in foobar2000)...
but... in winamp... I can see the last time a certain song from a certain album in my library was played...
so if I have an album, the album X
and it has 10 songs...
if I listened the first 4 songs...
I can see the dates I listened them for last time
that remembers me I don't have to listen them again, and I can continue listening the pending songs to listen...
does foobar2000 this feature?
in my reproduction list... may I see that last time the songs were played? I see the colums artist... title... album... but I don't see any colum saying "last played"...
if this cannot be done by default, is there any way to have this feature?

thanks in advance

Reply #1
install foo_playcount. then create a custom column in your playlist with

Code: [Select]
[%last_played%]

Reply #2
install foo_playcount. then create a custom column in your playlist with

Code: [Select]
[%last_played%]

Hello,
Where can you download foo_playcount ???

I tried with other thing and don't work...
I downloaded foo_playlisthistory

And then... I went to File... Preferences... in Components, I went to Display, Colums UI...  and there I went to Playlist view...
there... I went to the tab Colums, created a new one with the name  Last Played, selected it, and then I went to the right side... selected the tab Scripts, then... the tabs Display...
and there I entered the code: [%last_played%]

Tried it, and don't work. Simply don't remember the last time it was played.
I attach a screenshot here...

How may I fix this?
or where may I download foo_playcount with some instructions to configure it?

Thanks

Reply #3
foo_playcount = official playback statistics component =playback statistics 3.0.1

Located on component page, under tag=playback statistics
http://www.foobar2000.org/components/tag/playback+statistics

foo_playlisthistory has nothing to do with tracking play count and thus provides no information to populate a last_played field.

Reply #4
foo_playcount = official playback statistics component =playback statistics 3.0.1

Located on component page, under tag=playback statistics
http://www.foobar2000.org/components/tag/playback+statistics

foo_playlisthistory has nothing to do with tracking play count and thus provides no information to populate a last_played field.

it's working now thanks!
but may I change the date format? I see year, month, day... and I would like to see month, day, year???

Reply #6
Hello, thanks for the link, but I am not programmer... so I don't know very well what chain or text should I type to get a proper time on the screen, as month, day and year...
may someone give me the text chain I have to write and where?
thanks a lot

Reply #7
I am not programmer either. I took a look at link and here is my novice explanation that should get you moving forward.

Function: $day_of_month(time) means please return the day of the month of some time tittleformat field.

$day_of_month(%last_played%) returns into your custom column a numeric number of the last played date.

Follow this same logic and add the month function in front, then maybe a dash or whatever and add the year function after and you should have what you want. In other words, back at preferences image in post 3 you will now have a longer string then just [%last_played%] that you currently have. You will have three functions all working to bring you back bits of the same (%last_played%) in the order you want.

good luck

Reply #8
Hello
I'm sorry for replying very late, but I was very busy and did not have time yet to deal with the playlist stuff. Well, I found how to configure the colums properly, so I share the solution with you.
foobar2000 is very powerful, but it could be a bit complex for users that don't know how to deal with strings, chains and stuff... so I give you the chain.

When creating a new colum, to make foobar2000 return: DAY/MONTH/YEAR LAST TIME PLAYED introduce this chain...
$day_of_month(%last_played%)/$month(%last_played%)/$year(%last_played%) $time(%last_played%)

When creating a new colum, to make foobar2000 return: MONTH/DAY/YEAR LAST TIME PLAYED introduce this chain...
$month(%last_played%)/$day_of_month(%last_played%)/$year(%last_played%) $time(%last_played%)

You can replace the SLASH / with other character as an hyphen - if you prefer. It works the same.

Now a little problem... introducing this chain, when a song was not played I get returned the values to ZERO... so I see this in a lot of tracks...

00/00/0000 ?
00/00/0000 ?
00/00/0000 ?
00/00/0000 ?
00/00/0000 ?
00/00/0000 ?
00/00/0000 ?

May I do something to make zero values don't be shown?

Thanks

Reply #9
Enclose the formatting string with square brackets [...] like so:

[$day_of_month(%last_played%)/$month(%last_played%)/$year(%last_played%) $time(%last_played%)]

[$month(%last_played%)/$day_of_month(%last_played%)/$year(%last_played%) $time(%last_played%)]

This tells foobar not to display the contents unless the fields are present.

Reply #10
Enclose the formatting string with square brackets [...] like so:

[$day_of_month(%last_played%)/$month(%last_played%)/$year(%last_played%) $time(%last_played%)]

[$month(%last_played%)/$day_of_month(%last_played%)/$year(%last_played%) $time(%last_played%)]

This tells foobar not to display the contents unless the fields are present.

It works fine !!! Thanks a lot.
Just to clarify it.

When creating a new colum, to make foobar2000 return: DAY/MONTH/YEAR LAST TIME PLAYED introduce this chain...

When creating a new colum, to make foobar2000 return: MONTH/DAY/YEAR LAST TIME PLAYED introduce this chain...

Reply #11
As a suggestion, you can also use this string:
$if(%last_played%,$day_of_month(%last_played%)/$month(%last_played%)/$year(%last_played%) $time(%last_played%),Never)

It displays the date and if not played the string "Never"