Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Facets (foo_facets) (Read 780954 times) previous topic - next topic

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #350
1. Go to advanced preferences -> display -> properties dialog -> multivalue fields and place there SUBGENRE
2. The content of your SUBGENRE tag still contains only one value. To split the content into multiple values open the properties dialog from context menu, open the context menu from the subgenre field and call "split values ..." tool

Edit

For a better understanding here a simplified explanation

Now you have this inside your subgenre tag:
SUBGENRE = piano; cello; orchestral

after the procedure i described above you will get this in your file:
SUBGENRE = piano
SUBGENRE = cello
SUBGENRE = orchestral
in the properties dialog it will be displayed as "piano; cello; orchestral" whereas the semicolon is not a literal sign from the tags content but (different than before splitting) an visual indicator in the properties dialog to seperate multiple tags!

That nailed it. Thanks!

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #351
Looks like I found an issue.
I have selected setting - "send to selection playlist, keep playing default"
Steps:
Start foobar, select some random facet (folder in my case) - selected content goes to selection playlist.
Try to add mp3 file from foobar2000 menu.
See file is not added.

Is it normal behavior?

Foobar2000 1.1.11
Win7 64bit

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #352
Looks like the problem is cos of foobar moves focus immediately after adding mp3 to the facet -> that causes selection event trigger -> that causes  playlist refreshing from selection and cleans added file.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #353
Hi

I can't make visible the facet search history on PC with
foobar2000 v1.1.11
Is it a setting to do, a fault or real not supported anymore in the last versions...?

On to other PC's 
-foobar2000 v1.1.7
-and anoter real older one (before automatic update)
it is still visible

Thanks4answering

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #354
New predefined filters
The search box no longer keeps a history of recently used searches. Instead, a new filter toolbar has been introduced to quickly access frequently used search queries, along with a new preferences page below Media Library, Facets.

Release Notes

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #355
Thanks for letting me know , tpijag!
(about : search box no longer keeps a history of recently used searches)

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #356
Thanks for letting me know , tpijag!
(about : search box no longer keeps a history of recently used searches)

I tried again with this "Filter" but it doesnt really do Filtering. the show all or nothing...
I would rather have back the historie function ( it is at all a totally different thing )

I configurated my foobar with different rows to preselect, but I use to sort for selection normaly "search"
So perhaps I over configurated..I learned a little..
But how I use it in the end the history function was really helpfull, cause I often searche the same strings and the quicksearch toolbar I also do not really use, cause it not really fuctions..if I search for existing selections it shows a red box... never played with it to find out, alslo cause I first have to open it, but could be nice with its history favorites.

Would be nice to find out the confortable search solution.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #357
Well, the history was just a list of filters which is the same thing that you have now. You may prefer one location of said list over another, BUT there is no reason for a filter to not work.

To say that is doesn't really do filtering is incorrect. It filters just fine. You are going to have to give more detail such as what filter string you have set up that is an example of a filter that does not work for you and whether you are filtering the library or a currently selected playlist.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #358
Well, the history was just a list of filters which is the same thing that you have now. You may prefer one location of said list over another, BUT there is no reason for a filter to not work.

To say that is doesn't really do filtering is incorrect. It filters just fine. You are going to have to give more detail such as what filter string you have set up that is an example of a filter that does not work for you and whether you are filtering the library or a currently selected playlist.

Thanks for your explanation. I have to play with it...
Why it doesn't filter with standard settings I just do not understand.
And how it should be able to show the same history as before I also do not understand - specially your saying that it was just a list of filters.
For me that are really two totally different things.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #359
It does NOT have an automatic history where it saves everything you have ever done including failure queries that did not work based on bad formatting or misspelling or whatever. It has filters that you build, save and reuse my selecting one or multiple of them from a drop down list.

And again, it does filter with standard settings. Repeatedly saying that is does not will not make it true. Explain exactly what you are doing that suggests standard settings do not work. What is it that you are calling a standard setting, and what does not work - exactly. Continuing a thread with two posters, one saying it works and one saying it does not is pointless without providing detail.

By the way, there is documentation to facets on the download page.

good luck

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #360
Thanks for the docu - hint.
With standard settings I wanted to express - how it came, with it's presettings.
I just Updated all my foo's and there was this new filter-boxes (first I did not know why this new boxes displayed - since updates are automatic and you update foobar and all components at once(what is normal) - you don't know what caused changes, without asking it would be a havy search to find out that it was the facets component.
So thank you again -about you I know - that it was  facets-"part".

I will play with it.. and lern.
I realize that when I "preset"  the most used search tearms, as a kind of favorites, and I find them fast, it must be better than the use of history.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #361
First of all, a very big thank you for this wonderful component!

After reading the title formatting instruction a bit more today I finally managed to get the exact result I wanted in displaying the album artist and I decided to post the "formula" here in case someone would, like me struggle

I listen to a lot of jazz and very often you have several artists for the same album (not like a compilation, more like "Chet Baker & Stan Getz" for example.
I wanted to be able to have all artists of an album listed separately so I wouldn't need to remember in which order they were listed on the CD (could be a good trick to improve my memory though  )
At the same time, I didn't want the list to be cluttered by artist appearing in a compilation ('Various Artists' or a compilation or several artists played by one performer [classical music for example])

So, here are the two "formulas" I made:

Album artist: $if2($meta(ALBUM ARTIST), $meta_branch(artist)) - I only populate the album artist tag for compilation and recitals
Artist: $meta_branch(artist) - Allow me to see everything, including artists appearing in compilations and recitals.

Of course, if there is anything wrong in my solution, feel free to let me know, I am not really good at that kind of things

Again, a big thank you !

I just noticed a little bug in my "Album artist" formula 
It seems to work much better using this: $if($meta(ALBUM ARTIST), $meta_branch(album artist), $meta_branch(artist))

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #362
For the purpose of the fast assortment I need into facets some Columns. However I would not like to get each particular Columns as label under or apart from the Album art indicated, the clarity and the place because.
There I did not find attitude to fading in and/or fading out individual label. I imagine that this is so far not possible.

My request would be the possibility of the individual Columns optional by option as label. Thus e.g. right mouse click on " Album", "DATE" or whatever, fade in, fade out, finished.

Greetings
Richy

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #363
Why when I am using Facets with playlist, it's only highlight items in my playlist instead do a filter (like when I am in library mode) ?

I look j-river, mediamonkey ... they filter the playlist when using the group category. I don't see the advantage to just highlight ...

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #364
Hi. I'm using facets and really like it. It makes navigating the library really easy.
There is one feature that i would really like if it's not too hard to implement. The ability to specify a playlist to send the files to on double-click or middle-click.
This would basically allow someone to easily send tracks on a predifined playlist that's reserved for playing tracks and not use the library selection playlist to actually play tracks as it tends to become messy when you then select other tracks to eg. tag them.
I know Facets has a built-in feature that can prevent this by creating a new playlist if the selection playlist is playing but then both playlists will have the same Library Selection name and the mess will only be different.

I think it would be great being able to send tracks to the selection with 1 click and to a specific playlist with double click. If it's not possible to differentiate signle click from double a middle click would be a nice alternative. Currently one can only send to selection, active or new.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #365
Hey guys!

Before I say anything else, here's my current setup. So you know what I'm talking about. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2637910/foo.PNG

So, the three middle columns are facets panes. The middle one of those three shows album art etc. Is there a way to make it scroll horizontally? And I'm not talking about the pane orientation (those would also just scroll up and down). Basically, everything stays the same, except that I want to browse the album art right and left instead of up and down.

Thanks!

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #366
I think i've tried to arrange facets in every possible way and never noticed such an option so i don't think it's possible. It would require changing the UI code so it's a feature noone but the developper could add.
That being said, vertical scrolling is often more convenient since the mouse wheel can control it while horizontal scrolling, when it's implemented requires some modifier key and wouse wheel.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #367
Could we please get CACHING of the thumbnails in the album art view?

I'm tired of having this thrash my HDD every time it loads.

Or could I get the SOURCE of this component so I can do it myself?

Thanks!

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #368
Who the hell do you think you are? You contribute zero of your time here, yet you yell and make demands. 

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #369
Not yelling. Just trying to make it stick out when scrolling through the thread.
IF I WERE YELLING, I WOULD TYPE IN CAPS. 

I suggested better caching back on page 13 and nothing came of it.
I'd be glad to try to work on it.
Why are these plugins not open-source?

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #370
Why are these plugins not open-source?

Don't know. Maybe related to Foobar2000 not being open source. There is an available SDK.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #373
I think facets doesn't like me. My music collection is based on folder structure and also in Facets I use Folder panes. In playlists for grouping I use $directory_path(%path%), but Facets breaks some groups apart or reorders the the songs.
With every Foobar restart the pattern is different. Why I think it's Facets? Because all other combinations of media library and playlist viewers work 100%, except with Facets. I have used it for a week and love it, except the one problem.
All the tags are fine and files start with two digits. There must be a solution for the error, maybe someone can help me?

Here's a picture of the current situation, it's a 3 pic combo

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #374
... In playlists for grouping I use $directory_path(%path%), but Facets breaks some groups apart or reorders the the songs.

Prefereces > Media Library > Facets > Default sort order: %path_sort% ?