Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CoverDownloader (Read 330738 times) previous topic - next topic

CoverDownloader

Reply #275
Is it possible to make a shortcut into windows explorer context menu like with mp3tag?

CoverDownloader

Reply #276
... I believe that size display should be handled by the main app, not have to be replicated for every script. The script already has the option of passing back the size of the full image, if known (which my scripts do), so the main app should have the option of displaying this somewhere, really.

alex (or anyone else), as the coverdownloader's source is open, could you have a look at it and consider developing it any further? i would love that "size overlay on cd's side" feature and then some requests i made (mostly quick way to save cover art to configurable folder with it's name set to string resulting from the search) ...

CoverDownloader

Reply #277
@ kockroach [a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=461738"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The reason the filter as I had it isn't working in the script as you have it in the codebox is indentation....

D'oh!  Thought I had indented properly....thanks Alex. 

CoverDownloader

Reply #278
...as the coverdownloader's source is open, could you have a look at it and consider developing it any further?...

I was just about to mention this as well, the source is linked near the top of the first post. It would be easier to implement many of these features (such as sizes) by modifying the application instead of using inefficient hacks. By the way the application itself supports a separate field for the size, I just never got around to displaying it in the ListView because I couldn't think of a really easy and good looking way of doing it.

CoverDownloader

Reply #279
Unfortunately the source as posted won't compile. It is missing references to "Foobar2000" and "Foobar2000Helper". It is also missing references to the Boo dll's, which I guess have to be downloaded separately.

If you want other people to contribute to the project, I'd recommend some documentation.

Looking through some of the source, it is also missing another essential for collaborative development, which is code comments. With enough time I could probably pick through and figure out what is going on, but I'm not sure I can be bothered. Sorry.

Alex

CoverDownloader

Reply #280
I am unable to overwrite my folder.jpg for each of my albums. Does anyone know how to fix this?

CoverDownloader

Reply #281
Hi,

I took the source and I am currently working on a new version with features I like to have.

Please post your suggestions so I can try to add them too.

Marc

CoverDownloader

Reply #282
Please post your suggestions so I can try to add them too.
Well, sometimes it hogs my CPU and I have to stop the process via task manager. It would be nice if you could fix that: if you need further information don't hesitate to ask.

A new feature I'd like to see is a customizable filter-by-size option (as in "Only images 300x300 and above" for example).

Oh and, thank you for your time.

Alessandro

CoverDownloader

Reply #283
is there any way you could make it portable (i havent actually tried it to find out if it currently is)

CoverDownloader

Reply #284
Well, sometimes it hogs my CPU and I have to stop the process via task manager. It would be nice if you could fix that: if you need further information don't hesitate to ask.

I noticed the same and will look into it.

is there any way you could make it portable (i havent actually tried it to find out if it currently is)

I use it on my USB-Stick and it works fine.

Marc

CoverDownloader

Reply #285
Marc Landis, that's a great news that you're going to continue the development of coverdownloader. my requests are these:
  • cover's size overlay on the program's side (toggle)
  • sort covers by size inside groups (toggle)
  • (i really long for this) quick way (probably as another context menu entry) to save image with name pre-set in the save dialog to artist - album string. it should remember the folder used between sessions (as "save as..." does now). the reason i would like this is that while searching for album art i sometimes get results which are not the right ones but interesting ones nonetheless. i would like to save them to one folder with name set to their titles to look them up later.

CoverDownloader

Reply #286
To complete Mazy's requests:

* Images have a name written next to them. I'd like to see the ability to edit/copy that name (i.e. turn it into something I can mark with my mouse) to facilitate saving.

* "Browse" checkbox does next to nothing. I don't really get what it's for, probably.

* Google image search doesn't seem to work

* Auto-replace illegal filename characters (mainly ? /) to dashes (or anything else, for that matter. Since the filname area is way too small to scroll and find the illegal character (automatically inserted by fb2k's run command), it's sort of crucial.

* Add a "stop all threads/transfers" button. At present I need to wait quite a lot for the app to quit.

* add image size to image name preview.

* Recently I came across a Firefox extension that can create a customized search (for the search bar) from literally every search field on a website. I don't know if it could help this app in any way, but it would be neat if users could add their own sites to search in, mainly for obscure countries and such: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/3698/

CoverDownloader

Reply #287
it would be neat if users could add their own sites to search in, mainly for obscure countries and such

You can add your own sites to search in, if you write a script for them. Unfortunately this is considerably trickier to do than just specifying which fields to search on, as you then need to parse the resulting pages to find the images, and so on. I don't think this can be machine-automated, as each source is unique.

If you do find an interesting source, then posting it in this thread is usually a good start to get people interested in writing a script for it, if you don't have the skills yourself.

Alex

CoverDownloader

Reply #288
Hi,

I started a new Thread, so I will be able to update the first post if a new version is released.

Album Art Downloader