Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: remove the "Enqueue in Foobar2000" right-click option / (Read 5614 times) previous topic - next topic

remove the "Enqueue in Foobar2000" right-click option /

Hi there, I was wondering if using some regedit magic I could:

1) remove the "Enqueue in Foobar2000" right-click option completely...currently it's on every audio type. I've removed all occurences from the registry, but it still shows up 

2) add a right-click "Open current folder in Foobar2000" for every audio type, so I don't have to do it on the folder itself. Other media players support it, and it's just very very handy!

Thanks for any help

Reply #1
Go to File > Preferences > Shell Integration

Remove tick from Set "Enqueue" as the default action if you want foobar to automatically play the files.

Make sure Folder context menus is ticked. This will add Play in foobar2000 and Enqueue in foobar2000 to the right-click folder context menu.

Also, what's your OS?

Reply #2
Hi there, I was wondering if using some regedit magic I could:

Those context menu entries are created by the shell extension, not the registry, so no.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #3
OK, thanks! I'm on XPSP3.

Well, I don't want "Enqueue in foobar2000" in any menu whatsoever and I would like to be able to kludge myself an "open current folder in foobar" right-click menu entry on every audio filetype somehow....I guess I might need to try an old version of foobar and find out the right syntax to do that considering that it's now using a shell extension

PS: sorry for posting in the wrong section, can a mod move it please? should I recreate it there?

Reply #4
PS: sorry for posting in the wrong section, can a mod move it please? should I recreate it there?
What wrong section? Move it to where? Why would that be right? No, you should not create duplicates, as clearly explained in #6 of the terms of service.

Reply #5
Well, it says on top "This is NOT a tech support forum. Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead." but I'm not sure where this thread really belongs.

Anyway, I found this: http://www.checkfilename.com/view-details/...Index/0/sTab/2/

I wanna get rid of the "enqueue" right-click options on files and folders altogether so I would simply disable the shell extension, have audio files open in foobar when double-clicked(foobar2000.exe" "%1") but I would really like to have a right-click button "open current folder in foobar2000" sub-option on every audio file as well.....I guess I would need to find out the command that's sent to foobar2000.exe when you right-click "Play in Foobar" on a folder, anyone knows please?

PS: maybe I found it after all: http://xltronic.com/mb/87148/faq.php3:

@="\"C:\\Program Files\\foobar2000\\foobar2000.exe\" \"%1\""

Reply #6
Enqueue or Play is configured from the Shell Integration section of Preferences. It will set the default action to either Play or Enqueue.

Reply #7
Well, I would like to remove the Enqueue option for both files and folders, apparently that's not possible? I'm just not an enqueue kinda guy

I guess I'm gonna have to disable the shell extension and try to work things out the old fashion way..

Reply #8
Oh, holy crap, you just want to remove one of the options that's there? Sheesh, there are two options, play and enqueue. Is it so hard to just avoid using the one you don't like?

Reply #9
well, my right-click menus are already pretty cluttered and I like to remove entries I don't need. But I'll disable the shell extension and work something out via the registry.

I also wish the playlist would work differently from how it does atm: I like to click on individual audio files and have them play instantly but still added to the current playlist, not creating a new one as it does atm

Re: remove the "Enqueue in Foobar2000" right-click option /

Reply #10
well, my right-click menus are already pretty cluttered and I like to remove entries I don't need
+1 vote. My problem and opinion are similar -- I want to remove the unnecessary "Play in foobar2000" option.

I tried, too (as so many years left...), to kill all entries in Registry (it is easy enough with free RegScanner) -- no effect. Restarted Win7x64, checked again in registry, there are no entries - but still persists in context menu. ShellExt64.dll with Resource Hacker -- no success, too. (In fact, after Win7 restarts, without starting foobar, DLL. I think, could not do anything.)

I would appreciate for some solution.

Reply #11
I would appreciate for some solution.

Install foobar as a portable installation and it won't show in context menu.
Somewhere, there's someone dying in a foreign land
Meanwhile, the world is crying stupidity of man
Tell me why, tell me why

Reply #12
Thank you for your reply. Sorry, it is not a solution. I do not want to eliminate foobar's context menu entry, it is useful. I only want to get rid off unnecessary half, 1 line.

Portable is anyway not a solution -- I lose file associations. If I want to turn off the context menu, the way is, for example, CCleaner.