Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Bug Report] Technical infomation fields DOES NOT reflect actual within playlist (Read 684 times) previous topic - next topic

[Bug Report] Technical infomation fields DOES NOT reflect actual within playlist

When trying new skinning on the newer version (1.5 (3), iOS 16.1.1) of fb2k for mobile,
I have found display of technical information fields (i.e., bits per samples, sampling rate) DOES NOT reflect actual contents of them when playing within existing playlists.

This is partly because I re-ripped audio files and some of them has different technical information before (24 bit / 48 kHz; upsampled) and after (16 bit / 44.1 kHz; not upsampled) the re-ripping.
I have checked the tags of such audio files in fb2k on my Windows 11 computer.

However, I suspect that another cause lies also in the processing on the application side.
Since the display refrects new tag information when I play those audio files via foobar2000 Music Folder directly (not via existing playlists), I guess old tag information remains in the playlists.

I have experienced a similar issue with the display of album artwork in playlists before: tracks that do not have artwork when added to a playlist DO NOT reflect changes when artwork are added afterwards.
Perhaps the cause is common to the current issue.

I have tried some troubleshootings (duplicating the playlists, re-creating playlist via Context menu: last active view, clearing cache, and downgrading or upgrading the application), but they did not work.
The only solution I have found is to re-add the same song to the existing playlist; however, this is a weird situation where different tag information is displayed for the same song in the playlist depending upon the timing of adding :(
Checking and fixing all existing playlists would be quite painstaking.

If anyone has a better solution, please let me know.
Or fix the application's handling of tag information in playlists.

Thanks.

Re: [Bug Report] Technical infomation fields DOES NOT reflect actual within playlist

Reply #1
I updated the application to newer build (1.5 (5)), but the issue was not fixed.

In addition, I have found that this issue occurs when playing music via the "More by: <artist>" and "More in: <genre>" in playback screen menu.
I guess that the application stores some tag information databases for each of artists, genres, playlists behind, and refers those database depending on playback contexts.

The new skinning scheme enables me to display more track information on playback screen and I REALLY appreciate the new feature.
However, the new features appear to shed light on potential glitches that have not been a problem in the past.

Re: [Bug Report] Technical infomation fields DOES NOT reflect actual within playlist

Reply #2
Fixed for the next update, thanks for reporting.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #3
Thank you for fixing the glitches. Looking forward to the next update!!

Reply #4
On the newer beta version (1.5 (8), iOS 16.1.1), I have confirmed that this issue has been fixed!!
Now, playback screen displays correct technical information of the playing track, regardless of playback context (i.e., via foobar2000 Music Folder, playlists, or "More by Artist".

Thank you, Peter.