Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Default Spectrum Analyzer requests from a newcomer (Read 1461 times) previous topic - next topic

Default Spectrum Analyzer requests from a newcomer

Hi all,

I'm already using Foobar2000 since 2 years now but the Spectrum analyzer at the bottom drives me crazy.

1. There's no frequency scale with 160 bands, just with 80 bands and below

2. Whenever there's a frequency band there, it begins at 50Hz. Is this normal ?  :( I'd assume at least 20Hz here and maybe 10Hz for audiophile-wannabe-insane-movie-subsonic-playing-whatever guys.

3. Am I the only one bothered by this ...

4. ... and the user-unfriendly accessibility of the factory EQ ? (User -> DSP -> Equalizer) ...

5. ... and the EQ's limitation to 55Hz ?

So what's this 50-55Hz fetish here ? Seems like we have nothing below that but I still can hear some noise below 50Hz  ;D which I would correct a little bit with the factory EQ due to room conditions and also because I'm using Foobar also on my hobby 2.1 computer "hi-fi" (low-fi) and it would be nice to compensate out it's resonance frequencies.

Thank you and keep up the good job, otherwise a very good player without the stupid eye-candy many others have.

6. Oh yes. Linux support. Come ooooooon ... !! Pleeeeeeeaseeeee. Nobody out there from the Linux world to jump in for a 100% functioning and possibly exact Foobar2000 fork in Linux ? All the alternatives I saw were faaaaar from the original. Some meant to be a good replacement but it's like artificial sweeteners: just not really the same. Ummm... bad example... wait... OK, here we are: they're like f*ing in condom. Not the same, right ?

And the hassle with Wine, ahhh  :(

Re: Default Spectrum Analyzer requests from a newcomer

Reply #1
Check out musical spectrum component. It is very customizable and supports frequencies down to 16Hz.
Somewhere, there's someone dying in a foreign land
Meanwhile, the world is crying stupidity of man
Tell me why, tell me why

Re: Default Spectrum Analyzer requests from a newcomer

Reply #2
I would agree on the 50Hz limit, but from the original posting I don't see the problem with 60 spectrum bands (I'm using 80).