Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Config foobar for Metal (Read 7285 times) previous topic - next topic

Config foobar for Metal

Hi.
I'm listenning metal (ex: opeth, dark tranquillity,...)
What's the best way config foobar (use components, EQ,...) for Metal music?

Can't you share your configs?

Sorry for my bad English.

Config foobar for Metal

Reply #1
This can be done in 4 easy steps.

1. Load music into foobar.
2. Press play in foobar.
3. Turn volume up.
4. shake head back and forth in a rapid fashion.

To be serious for a moment, no one knows how things sound to your ears or what your playing it through.

Just experiment and find a setting that works for you.
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Config foobar for Metal

Reply #2
^you can't really go wrong with that advice.

quite obviously you'll want to use "view>layout>quick setup" and pick yourself a dark colour scheme.

Config foobar for Metal

Reply #3
If you are a true metal fan, I recommend to not use low bitrate MP3s and/or artificial enhancer plugins but just plain CD quality FLACs (or other lossless formats) and the equalizer DSP (Preferences > Playback > DSP > Put 'Equalizer' on the left side, then configure) to compensate your speakers' weaknesses and room's characteristics.

Config foobar for Metal

Reply #4
I'm listenning metal (ex: opeth, dark tranquillity,...)

cool

what the other's say about personal preference/room shape/speakers+soundcard is true.
for opeth, lamb of god or any other metal band I prefer to skip CMSS3D from my creative soundcard (it upmixes stereo to 5.1), so I instead use a built-in DSP to convert stereo to 4 channels from foobar.
the soundcard has a crystalizer, but foobar has one sort of like it, the DSP is called foo_dsp_delta, and I use it with a value of 40%.
the bass settings for my 5.1 are default (50%), treble is close to 59% (a little bit above default).

try playing around with different settings, but I think that the crystalizer can suit your taste

Config foobar for Metal

Reply #5
If you want a really metal EQ scoop out all the mid frequencies and boost the bass and treble.