Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: File attachment not working (Read 3005 times) previous topic - next topic

File attachment not working

Whenever I try to attach a file I see this error:

Code: [Select]
There was a problem during the uploading of XXX.ext file.
Your attachment could not be saved.
This might happen because it took too long to upload or the file is bigger than the server will allow. Please consult your server administrator for more information.
I have been seeing this error now for a few weeks & some others have also reported not being unable to upload attachments, e.g. here.

Error occurs with any file size, e.g. as little as 1 KB.

Any help is appreciated.

Re: File attachment not working

Reply #1
Indeed, file size would not seem to be the issue, unless the maximum size has inadvertently been reset to zero. Or maybe it's the timeout for uploading to begin....

Reply #2
I've seen this too lately and it seems that the upload is complete before the error message, and so I thought that there was something about the uploaded data that the system didn't like.

In my case it was either executables or executables in zip files, so that's a possible cause for rejection (except that I have successfully uploaded these files before).

Reply #3
Yeah, as of the last server software update, I needed to apply a liberal chcon to the cache and now attachments directories.

Code: [Select]
chcon -R -t httpd_sys_content_rw_t <path>