Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: My foobar stays on top of everything... (Read 18546 times) previous topic - next topic

My foobar stays on top of everything...

Hi everybody,

My foobar was working normally until today, so this is a new problem for me.

My foobar window just stays on top of every other window. So if I want to see another window / software, I just can't click on the relevant task bar button because it doesn't work anymore : I have to reduce foobar window first ! 

Any ideas ? (corrupt config ? something else ?)

Thanks in advance for your help,

Jose

Reply #1
You've probably checked this but,

View -> Always on top

?

Reply #2
Thanks kanak, you're right, it was as simple as that !

What I didn't say is that the problem was consecutive to a Windows crash / reboot / etc.. After the reboot, my foobar wouldn't start completely : I could only see my dockable panels, nothing more. Fortunately I could manage to make a right-click / preferences, and bang ! The rest of my foobar showed up !  But with the "always on top" problem...

That's why I wonder if it could have been some temporary corruption problem consecutive to that crash. Because I really don't remember having touched to the menus... 

Reply #3
You've probably checked this but,

View -> Always on top

?

*Smacks head* Thank you so much. Can't believe I spent so long looking for plugins and all of these weird solutions.

Reply #4
*Smacks head too* Thanks a lot too. I feel really stupid. But I didn't spend as long for the solution XD

Reply #5
Thanks! That crazy "bug" drunk some blood of mine (^:

Reply #6
Just registered on the forum so that I can join the fail party.
Thanks for the help!

And yes, I've had a Win7 crash too, a few months back. I kept believing it was some OS issue since other apps still resize their windows in awkward dimensions in the corner of my screen every time I launch them.

Reply #7
Welp. This happened to me also. There i was searching through the preferences dialog...

Re: My foobar stays on top of everything...

Reply #9
gosh, its funny that this 10 year old thread is still first hit for search term "foobar2000 always on top"

i was also searching through the preferences and just failed to notice the "view -> always on top" setting

it took me less than 10 minutes to figure it out due to google and this thread lol thanks xd

Reply #10
also just made an account to reply to this. thanks for helping me not get a headache :))

Reply #11
I am literally laughing out loud!  As a software developer for 40+ years, I do not consider myself a new/typical user.  My foobar200 preview suddenly starting staying on top.  I looked through every preference including the advance at least 4 times until I finally broke down and searched for help.

...still smiling...

Thank you!