Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: add to Fix mp3 vbr headder (Read 1050 times) previous topic - next topic

add to Fix mp3 vbr headder

Is there a way for the function "Fix MP3 VBR Header" to have the option to only re-write the mp3 file if significant errors are found (and choose those errors); furthermore, is there a way to have said function give the user the option to only rewrite the file if the total time has changed more than a x number of seconds? If not, will you please add these options?

Disclaimer: I have searched and could not find if someone has asked these questions about said functions in foobar2000 and/or requested these actions. If they have, please forgive me as the above search engine did not give me a definitive answer.

Thanks in advance and thanks to all who has brought us foobar2000 and it's superior flexibility.

Reply #1
foo_verifier can tell you when some files have errors without actually modifying them. http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_verifier

just note what it says on that page....

Note that with most formats, its accuracy is limited to detecting errors that abort the decoding process.

Reply #2
foo_verifier can tell you when some files have errors without actually modifying them. http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_verifier

just note what it says on that page....

Note that with most formats, its accuracy is limited to detecting errors that abort the decoding process.

Thank you so much for your succinct and kind reply.

I did a test run on a 20 songs. 10 of which were from the same CD yet reporting to be between 20 and 40 minutes each. It caught the problems. My excitement was quickly muted when I noticed the unfortunate facts: There is no way to exclude errors as small as 1/100th of a second in "Reported length". There is no option to hand the errors to an appropriate tool/function like "Fix MP3 VBR header". Most importantly, there a way to exclude "OK" files from the exported text file, so creating a m3u containing only the errors is out of the question. These things combined with the shear volume of files I want to check makes it unusable in my circumstances.

Thank you very much for your reply. The tool does have merit when used on a small scale.