Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: My Foobar2000 v2 Beta bug reporting log. (Read 2312 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: My Foobar2000 v2 Beta bug reporting log.

Reply #25
Beta 7 should now work properly without the "profile" subdirectory.

Reply #26
I'm trying to install 2.0 beta 10 over a non-portable installation of 1.6.12, and I'm getting the error: "The install directory contains configuration data, but foobar2000 is not using portable mode."

This is all true, but the error doesn't even hint at a solution. It just quits.

Reply #27
Beta 11 does the same thing. Is there something I can do to move files around to let the installer finish?

Reply #28
Converting the now unsupported everything-in-one-directory-but-not-portable-version installation into regular installation should be fairly simple.
If you want to play it safe make a backup of your old install before you start.

Create the required configuration directory "%appdata%\foobar2000", %appdata% is an environment variable that points to your personal roaming profile directory. You can just paste the string to Explorer's address bar to get there.

Move all other directories from your current foobar2000 installation directory to the newly created %appdata%\foobar2000 directory except "components", "doc", "runtime", "themes" and "encoders". You may not have the "encoders" directory, it's from the Free Encoder Pack.

Next move all the configuration files from the install directory to %appdata%\foobar2000. Without third party components you could see files like "FileOps-Presets.txt", "LargeFieldsConfig.txt", "library-error-log.txt", "theme.fth" and "version.txt". On top of these you can have any number of additional config files from third party components. You should be fine if you move everything but installer.ini, *.exe and *.dll to the configuration directory.
Once that is done you can create a file called "user_profiles_enabled" to the install directory and test that the player still works normally. This step is optional, you can just update to v2 now.

Reply #29
Converting the now unsupported everything-in-one-directory-but-not-portable-version installation into regular installation should be fairly simple.
If you want to play it safe make a backup of your old install before you start.

Create the required configuration directory "%appdata%\foobar2000", %appdata% is an environment variable that points to your personal roaming profile directory. You can just paste the string to Explorer's address bar to get there.

Move all other directories from your current foobar2000 installation directory to the newly created %appdata%\foobar2000 directory except "components", "doc", "runtime", "themes" and "encoders". You may not have the "encoders" directory, it's from the Free Encoder Pack.

Next move all the configuration files from the install directory to %appdata%\foobar2000. Without third party components you could see files like "FileOps-Presets.txt", "LargeFieldsConfig.txt", "library-error-log.txt", "theme.fth" and "version.txt". On top of these you can have any number of additional config files from third party components. You should be fine if you move everything but installer.ini, *.exe and *.dll to the configuration directory.
Once that is done you can create a file called "user_profiles_enabled" to the install directory and test that the player still works normally. This step is optional, you can just update to v2 now.

That worked! Thank you.