Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Get a Load of this: "Radiation Free" headphones (Read 3500 times) previous topic - next topic

Get a Load of this: "Radiation Free" headphones

https://www.jrseco.com/p/radiation-free-airtube-headset-3-5mm/

"Radiation Free" headphones that use signal ground shielded wiring, place the actual drivers in acoustic couplers about six to eight inches away from your ears, also shielded, and feed the audio to your ears using air tubes to the earphones.

The site also sells a lot of similar hooey. Gosh, I wonder if this would overlap with audiophile market, assuming this design doesn't utterly ruin the audio quality.

E: I just realized, from the site: They're supposed to be addressing an alleged electromagnetic radiation from being wired into cellular phones. Cripes, still hooey though.

Re: Get a Load of this: "Radiation Free" headphones

Reply #1
So headphones could cause cancer now?  What a load of B.S.  I'm aware of having them too loud can cause hearing loss and that is fact but radiation?  Okay.

Reply #2
Well phones do use headphones as a FM antenna. For radio programs.

Reply #3
Well phones do use headphones as a FM antenna. For radio programs.
Only as a receiving antenna - they do not transmit. I'd expect the radiation emitted from wired headphones connected to a phone (or pretty much any other normal device) to be vanishingly small, especially so compared to the emission from the phone itself. Seems like a solution looking for a problem to me. Besides, there are still wires involved so, at best, it can only keep radiation (even if it exists) away from the head area.

Reply #4
Definitely the best kind.  I always avoid those headphones that emit gamma rays into my head.

Reply #7
Nothing new.

https://ultrasone.com/technology/?lang=en

Scroll down to "ULE". With Ultrasone it's the magnetic radiation that's supposed to be reduced.
marlene-d.blogspot.com

Reply #8
Nothing new.

https://ultrasone.com/technology/?lang=en

Scroll down to "ULE". With Ultrasone it's the magnetic radiation that's supposed to be reduced.

There is no such thing as magnetic radiation, nor for that matter electric radiation.   There is electromagnetic radiation but neither electric fields nor the magnetic fields by themselves radiate anything.  The electric and magnetic fields together are unified as the electromagnetic field, which can emit radiation in the form of photons.   "Magnetic radiation" is nonsense.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH