Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Disable multi-threaded conversions? (Read 4317 times) previous topic - next topic

Disable multi-threaded conversions?

On my system, using foobar2000's convert function for a full album is much slower than indivudally running each track one at a time using some other conversion tool. The cause for this is simply that my system converts fast enough on a single thread that the multi-threading is simply causing my Hard disk's buffer to fill and have to split its attention between the multiple threads trying to write their data. This is amplified on FLAC->WAV conversions where there are very large files being handled.

Anyway, I looked through the options in foobar2000, but I'm not seeing any way to disable this "multi-threading" feature for format conversions. Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this?
Thanks

Reply #1
Preferences > Advanced > Tools > Converter > Thread count

Reply #3
I don't have that... Just Threading Priority. Is that 0.9.5 only?

Thread count should be just above threading priority. What version are you using?
"Lifting Shadows Off a Dream"