Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Settings suggestion on Windows 7 64Bite (Read 1225 times) previous topic - next topic

Settings suggestion on Windows 7 64Bite

Hello Guys I hope I am in the right tab for question nor suggestion I have, Any help or guidance will be appreciate it
Equipment:
Toshiba Cosmio x505-Q894
Fiio E17K DAC
Audio Technica ATX-M50x

Software:
Equalizer APO
APO EQ
Peters EQ APO Configuration Extension (peace) v1.4.50
Interface Equalizer APO

Audio format:
Flac
Wave
320Kbps MP3

What setting would suggestion would you say I need base from the component I have, VLC have better sound but before Install APO I use to have rich & deep sound sound.
I can post any other information you might need, Thank you for helping me out to gain the best sound from from foobar2000...
since I plan to use same setting to Android note 4, because I could attach Fiio E17K DAC. But first I would like to focus on windows 
Thank you very much!

Re: Settings suggestion on Windows 7 64Bite

Reply #1
Defaults unless you're trying to EQ your headphones/speakers. 

Re: Settings suggestion on Windows 7 64Bite

Reply #2
What setting would suggestion would you say I need base from the component I have, VLC have better sound but before Install APO I use to have rich & deep sound sound.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say...   If you like it without EQ, don't use EQ.   And, the EQ shouldn't do anything when set to flat, so it depends on how you set it.

In a perfect world you wouldn't need EQ, and those headphones have a very good reputation so I'm sure plenty of people listen to them without EQ.    If you want more bass you can boost the bass with EQ.

There's one thing to watch out for...   When you boost anything you can potentially go over 0dB and clip (distort) the audio.   So, if you boost with EQ you generally need to reduce the digital volume.   Then, it's OK to crank-up the analog volume as long as you don't clip your amplifier.   

The VLC volume control also goes over 100%, so be careful with it too.