Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar 1.4.5 "not responding" after quitting (Read 4725 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar 1.4.5 "not responding" after quitting

Dump uploaded per:
Reply #1 – 2019-06-07 09:33:51
I don't see any unwanted dlls and since it happens with a clean install the regular thread list won't be enough to debug this.
Can you provide a memory dump of the frozen process so Peter can take a look?

I have traced the problem specifically to component foo_upnp
I get the same "not responding" behavior when I attempt to stop the renderer or server 
I have foobar2000 1.4.5 and foo_upnp 0.99.49

Re: Foobar 1.4.5 "not responding" after quitting

Reply #1
I can confirm that it is foo_upnp. Sadly the component appears to be abandoned, there's not much that can be done about this.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #2
There's gotta be another factor at play here.

I have the same versions FB2k/foo_unpnp and can start/stop both server and renderer without the 'not responding' problem.
I do however run Foobar2000 in portable mode.

Windows10 Pro 1809 build 17763.557

Reply #3
It also depends on which UPnP devices exist on your local network.

Reply #4
Thank you for the analysis and confirmation.

Question: If foo_upnp is abandoned, is there another way that Foobar2000 supports the remote UPNP server BubbleUPNP?

Reply #5
I solved my problem. It was that the UPnP component has a "Media Renderer" service that took a very long time to shutdown.
I opened Preferences : Tools : UPn: : Server : Basic settings
Clicked "Stop server" for Media Renderer
Went and had a cup of coffee.
Eventually, the media renderer server stopped. After that, leaving it stopped, I have no problem exiting from foobar2000.