Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DSDIFF Decoder (Read 143655 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: DSDIFF Decoder

Reply #75
SACDs can go about 4dB higher than PCM by spec.  6dB if the spec is violated.  To convert to PCM you'll need to lower the level by some number from about 0dB (for quietly recorded material) to about 4dB (for "normal" level material) to 6dB for the few albums that really push it (e.g. Michael Jackson's "Thriller")

Reply #76
you'll need to lower the level

Are u sure I'll need to lower?
But yes, with DSDIFF plugin I need to use prevent clipping according to track peak foobar option.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that SACD decoder( foobar plugin) plays sacd iso's quite well, while DSDIFF decoder does the same task with clipping (not in all cases), but  for example - Playing The Angel by DM SACD.
You can see it at the screens I've sent in earlier posts.
Thank you for explanations btw.

Reply #77
Throw mine away, then, it's clearly producing too loud a result. And I'm not going to bother swiping it from them again to fix it.