Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WMA lossless surround encoding (Read 4637 times) previous topic - next topic

WMA lossless surround encoding

Hello

For some reason, i want to encode a 6 channels 16 bits / 44100 hz WAV file in Lossless surround WMA.

When i select presets in WMEncoder, the closest config i find is 48000hz and 24 bit : there is no 44100hz 16 bits.

I really need to encode with my settings and no other one.

i tried to use the VBS command line which crashes (even with the KB update) and ffmpeg which doesn't works.
I tried almost every software i could find...

thanks for all help

Reply #1
Adobe Audition may support that kind of output.
EAC>1)fb2k>LAME3.99 -V 0 --vbr-new>WMP12 2)MAC-Extra High

Reply #2
Are you sure it supports 44.1/16? I know the DVD spec is 48/16 so maybe WMA surround must be set to 48/24 ??

Reply #3
thanks to both of you (and the others who maybe made researchs about my problem)

i found a way to do what i needed to do, maybe some will be interested :

i created a AOB (DVD-Audio) from the 6 channels audio file and that's doing the job (i ended up to lossless wma because i couldn't find other suitable way to do it) with the software http://dvd-audio.sourceforge.net/

great piece of software that allows packing of a lot of lossless audio to work like a DVD.

Reply #4
MLP! standalone or author a DVD-Audio disc from it...