Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Logitech Multimedia Keys & Foobar2000 (Read 120843 times) previous topic - next topic

Logitech Multimedia Keys & Foobar2000

If you have one of these Logitech Keyboards with multimedia keys (e.g. the Internet Navigator) and use iTouch:

- quit iTouch (taskbar icon)
- find your iTouch folder (usually C:\Program Files\Logitech\iTouch)
- open players.ini and edit it ...
- copy the following line into this mess:

foobar2000=key,foobar2000.exe,FOOBAR2000_CLASS,xxx,xxx,C,X,Z,x,V,0,1,Foobar2000

- save players.ini
- start itouch.exe right away since it's in the same folder
- control foobar2000 with your multimedia keys
- don't be surpised if "previous" won't work. it won't work. yet.

Reply #1
Hm... Do you have any idea why Foobar2000 only reacts to every other press of play/pause? The other buttons seems to work fine though. (Still, it is better than with Winamp, where play/pause fairly often is interpreted as stop...  )

Maybe I should just try to map play/pause to another key and see what happens?

Reply #2
beautiful !!! it works !!! 

Reply #3
Hm... Do you have any idea why Foobar2000 only reacts to every other press of play/pause? The other buttons seems to work fine though. (Still, it is better than with Winamp, where play/pause fairly often is interpreted as stop...  )

Maybe I should just try to map play/pause to another key and see what happens?

This happens mostly because the play/pause implementation in Logitech's drivers is...  weird.  The first time you hit "play", it sends the "play" command.  Afterwards, hitting play/pause sends the pause command.  Until you hit stop.  This state information is maintained independently of the program, so if you stop fb2k manually and hit your play key, Logitech sends the pause command again.  Separate play and pause keys would really have helped here. 

The single 'x' between the 'Z' and 'V' might be screwing it up too, cuasing it to try to assign 'x' to two keys at the same time.  See if changing it to 'xxx' helps.

Reply #4
Anyone know of a way to get the keys on a Microsoft multimedia/natural pro keyboard to work?

Reply #5
Can anyone get Foobar to show up in the media player list when you press the "media" key?

Reply #6
To display Foobar2000 in the media player list you need to edit the registry.

Create foobar2000.reg with the following content (you need to edit the paths! and use \\ instead of \)

Code: [Select]
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\foobar2000.exe]
"Path"="C:\\Program Files\\Foobar2000\\"
@"C:\\Program Files\\Foobar2000\\foobar2000.exe"

To let Foobar2000 show up when hitting the play button is also done via registry, just in case someone wants to know.

It' done in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\CurrentVersion ("MediaPlayer").

I found out that this value is automatically updated corresponding to the player used with the media key. So no real need to edit.

Oh, and Ardax is right: The single "x" between the "Z" and "V" might screw something up, better take "xxx" there, since it's used for the other fields left out as well. So:

foobar2000=key,foobar2000.exe,FOOBAR2000_CLASS,xxx,xxx,C,X,Z,xxx,V,0,1,Foobar2000

sorry

Reply #7
This happens mostly because the play/pause implementation in Logitech's drivers is...  weird.  The first time you hit "play", it sends the "play" command.  Afterwards, hitting play/pause sends the pause command.  Until you hit stop.  This state information is maintained independently of the program, so if you stop fb2k manually and hit your play key, Logitech sends the pause command again.  Separate play and pause keys would really have helped here.  :)

Nope, that doesn't explain it (I had thoughts along those lines too).  After pressing stop, the first play works fine, as well as the first pause, but after that, I need to press play/pause twice to get the desired effect. Any attempts to get Foobar and iTouch in sync (i.e., by using pause or play in Foobar without using the play/pause button) are futile, it seems. This is when using iTouch 2.13.194 btw.

[...]

Ah, after testing (in Foobar) the keys iTouch uses, I understand the problem. Quite simple really: Foobar has this interesting feature that the only command that can resume playing after pause is ... pause. Play is completely ignored. Hence the "odd" iTouch behaviour.  B)

Reply #8
well as the first pause, but after that, I need to press play/pause twice to get the desired effect. Any attempts to

[snip]

interesting feature that the only command that can resume playing after pause is ... pause. Play is completely ignored.

LOL, I never noticed that before.

Still, seprate play and pause buttons on the keyboard would have fixed this. 

aka,

thanks for figuring out that Media Key bit.  I've had a couple people ask me about that already (look at page 2 of the sticky thread ), but my keyboard doesn't have one, so I never what it was all about.

Reply #9
1. The Pause works perfectly... Hold the Key down for a second.

2. You can hack the Media key in the registry to load Foobar2k instead of the media player menu.

Code: [Select]
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\HardwareInfo\42\KeyboardLayout\100]
"Current"="Program"
"Assignables"="1,2,3,100"
"Default"="100"
"Function"="100"
"LastTimeUsed"=dword:3e0c02e9
"Menu"="3,"
"Active"=dword:00000000
"ConfigState"=dword:00000000
"Confirmed"=dword:00000001
"Program"="2,\"Foobar2000\",C:\\Program Files\\foobar2000\\foobar2000.exe"
"Setting"="Program"

Enjoy.

Reply #10
Anyone had any succes getting the multimedia keys to work with global hotkeys, that doesent seam to work to well here ;(

Reply #11
Just got myself a cordless elite duo, and dug up this helpful topic ;p By the way, you can do previous now by mapping previous in fb2k to a single key, like B, then changing the xxx between Z and V to B. I still can't get fb2k to show in the media button, though who needs that anyway ;p

Reply #12
It would incredible if someone figured out a way to get the keys on a Microsoft multimedia keyboard to work properly (or like the logitech keyboards). I really like Foobar2000, but sometimes I want to go back to WinAMP just to use those keys.

Reply #13
It does not work on my computer if foobar is minimised to traybar.

Any solution?

Reply #14
If you have your hotkeys setup in FB2K exactly like they work in Winamp, add the following to FB2K to map everything correctly and allow previous to work.
foobar2000=key,foobar2000.exe,FOOBAR2000_CLASS,xxx,xxx,X,C,V,Z,B,0,1,Foobar2000

Trying to get FB2K to appear on the media button menu using the above crashed my itouch. If anybody else experiences this, get rid of the Path value and stick the full path to the FB2K exe in the default value.

Reply #15
It does not work on my computer if foobar is minimised to traybar.

Any solution?

do this:

Foobar2000=wac,foobar2000.exe,FOOBAR2000_CLASS,xxx,xxx,14,14,13,12,11,0,1,Foobar 2000

Reply #16
is there a possibilty that the "next" button on the logitech keyboard is used for "random" in foobar2000? because next isn't random anymore in these new foobar2000 version if shuffle is activated and shuffle is permanently on in my foobar.

Reply #17
Foobar2000=wac,foobar2000.exe,FOOBAR2000_CLASS,xxx,xxx,14,14,13,12,11,0,1,Foobar 2000

I'm using iTouch 2.13v194 (newer version doesn't close properly on my computer) and only play button works with minimized foobar. Back, fw & stop only work when restored.
And pressing play restores the player. Odd.

Reply #18
I have Logitech Comfort keyboard and mouse, no drivers and all media buttons work exclusively and globally for foobar, play/pause/stop/volume/next/prev/mute(altho no proper function yet).
Anyone having trouble with this?
I use generic WinXP HID drivers.

Reply #19
There are two words want to say:
[span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%']THANK YOU!!![/span]
Now I have no reason to use Winamp anymore.

Reply #20
Can someone please post a well-commented version of this?

I'd like to be able to edit it if need be.

Also, would be nice to switch between winamp and foobar when I so desire.
Guinness for strength!

Reply #21
I hope this helps:

#{btn|key|msg|emg|cmd|wac},exeName,wndClass,wndCaption,xxx,play_delayplay,pause,stop,prev,next,remove_flags,ShowOSD,m
enu_item
# input type, executable file, window class, window caption, xxx, play, pause, stop, previous, next, remove flags, show onscreen display, menu item name

foobar2000=key,foobar2000.exe,FOOBAR2000_CLASS,xxx,xxx,C,X,Z,B,V,0,1,Foobar2000

To switch between Foobar and Winamp I'd probably use the media key.

Reply #22
Great, thanks a lot aka. That's quite helpful.
Guinness for strength!

Reply #23
I'm really really waiting for the Logitech's promised update to iTouch because for me those keys don't really work as they should. They restore and raise the foobar to the top. And all but play work only when foobar has focus. (Even with those wac commands.)
So hopefully the next iTouch version would fix this behaviour.

Reply #24
Hi!

I'm uing foobar 0.6 with logitech itouch keyboard (latest itouch software) with a hercules fortissimo 7.1 soundcard (latest drivers).
And I have this (Foobar2000=wac,foobar2000.exe,FOOBAR2000_CLASS,xxx,xxx,14,14,13,12,11,0,1,Foobar 2000) string in the players.ini file. And all the buttons work but if I lower/raise the volume on my itouch board nothing happens with the "sound volume" it's just the same and if I open up volume "the little speaker in the right tray" I see that it controls the master volume but I f lower/raise the wave volume "manual" instead, the volume changes. I hope you understand my jiiberish  and can help me.