Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: v2.0 beta 8: upnp plugin doesn't work anymore - library not found (Read 1006 times) previous topic - next topic

v2.0 beta 8: upnp plugin doesn't work anymore - library not found

The upnp plugin doesn't work anymore. It seems the libraries were changed using sqlite or something now and old plugins like the upnp plugin can't read them anymore. There is just no content. In the foobar2000 folder there is now a new folder library-2.0.

It would be a pity if upnp didn't work anymore in the future. I use foobar2000 solely as a upnp server. But I'm aware the plugin is very old.  :'(

Upnp nowadays really should be a basic function of foobar2000.  ;)

Re: v2.0 beta 8: upnp plugin doesn't work anymore - library not found

Reply #1
Have you tried Peters own upnp plugin? https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_out_upnp
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Reply #2
Thanks for the reply!

Isn't the functionality of that plugin quite different? With the upnp plugin I was talking about I can control the foobar2000 upnp server from any distant media renderer (like my Denon network player). With the plugin you mentioned I control the renderer from foobar2000. That means I have to go to my PC and control from there?

I'm not at home right now, but I will try this later. I'm just afraid this isn't what I need.

Reply #3
Old components can interface with the library with no changes required. Performance may take a hit depending on library size but other than that, there should be no issues.

Reply #4
Okay. I take back everything I said. After hours of trying and countless restarts I can see my library's content again. I have no idea why it didn't work before.

Thanks for the replies!

Reply #5
Okay. I'm back. Something definitely doesn't work here as intended. I've watched that throughout the past few days now and I just don't get it.

Sometimes I can see the content of my library through the upnp plugin and sometimes I don't see anything or just parts of it. Restarting foobar2000 sometimes solves the problem and sometimes it doesn't. This never happened before with previous versions of foobar2000 and I can only assume it has to do with the new implementation of sqlite.

I have to add that I use foobar2000 in portable mode and I run 4 portable installations, each using different convolution filters for different headphones. So on the renderer I chose the upnp server depending on the headphones I use. I use foobar2000 solely as a server and I'm not at my PC (in the bedroom) when I listen to music (in my living room).

Reply #6
It sounds like the component reads the media library once on start-up and doesn't monitor the library for changes.

In foobar2000 2.0 the media library (as I understand it) initialises in the background and in chunks. So sometimes the component is loading the library before it's fully loaded, and it isn't reacting to tracks being added to the library afterwards.

Reply #7
Infact the component doesn't monitor for changes. When I add music to my library I have to restart foobar2000 or just stop the upnp server within the component and start it again.

Restarting foobar2000 sometimes fixes the problem, sometimes it doesn't. Restarting the upnp server within the component always fixes it. So yes, it seems the library is not completely loaded when the upnp component starts.

Is there a solution? Can the start of components be delayed? I know that upnp component is very old and not maintained anymore, but it is the only one of that kind that exists (sadly). I am running foobar2000 on a headless server, so opeing foobar2000 and restarting the upnp server is just not practical.