Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 24 bit WMA Lossless decoding broken in Windows 10 1809 (Read 71313 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 24 bit WMA Lossless decoding broken in Windows 10 1809

Reply #50
Has this issue been resolved?
Yes, it was fixed with the Windows 10 1903 update. Files that didn't play in fb2k on Windows 10 1809 now play fine here.

Some programs listed above might work now even without that update, if they have been updated to use one of the work-arounds mentioned here.

Reply #52
The issue from the thread 40th.com linked is still present in 1903 with the latest cumulative update. The built-in WMA decoder still isn't lossless for all tracks.

Reply #53
Doesn't surprise me that Microsoft even managed to break their own codec. They introduced FLAC support and then immediately broke it too from what I hear.

Glad I got away from the Windows clown car years ago. From what I hear, it's gotten a lot worse than just shifting around what gets broken. They actually foist the updates on you and then restart your computer without asking, apparently. :/

Reply #54
Glad I got away from the Windows clown car years ago. From what I hear, it's gotten a lot worse than just shifting around what gets broken. They actually foist the updates on you and then restart your computer without asking, apparently. :/

The update thing has actually gotten a bit better, it used to be a lot worse.