Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_input_gsf (Read 11412 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_input_gsf

Reply #25
Right, try updating your copy of foo_input_gsf, I've included some new changes. Just note, the Git master I pull my changes from is a month newer than the latest stable release of mGBA.

Reply #26
I updated my copy of foo_input_gsf, and now there are no sound bugs! Thank you very much! I do not know what was wrong, but it has been fixed. Again, thank you very much!

Reply #27
Is there any way to get old versions of this plugin? 3.0.6 from your site and 3.0.7 from f2k plugin repo got nasty playback flaw with minigsf and samples in Super Robot Taisen A, 3.0.1 should be fine, since i am sure i was using it two years ago.
Just realized that you could fix it, i haven't seen anything like that in games other than SRT A.
By the way, this is how it should sound like: link to mp3
And that is how it sounds like on 3.0.6/.7: link to mp3

minigsf rip

Reply #28
Use the linked gsf2rom tool in this topic, compare with the latest mGBA and with an actual console using a flash cartridge, if necessary. Anything that sounds different from an actual console is a bug, anything which is replicated by an actual console is correct behavior, and possibly a sign that a soundtrack needs to be re-ripped.

Reply #29
Thank you for helping, it is a bad rip.

Reply #30
Yeah, maybe check out hcs64.com and ask there if someone has re-optimized the rip to include all of the needed data?

Reply #31
Is it possible to create a menu like what you made for GEP for your other components, or even have gsf use the game emu player's controls itself, provided both are available?

Reply #32
It doesn't really make sense for most xSF formats, since they usually allocate channels dynamically, either through rotation or random order, so muting won't really work the way you expect. Except for GSF, where you can mute the chip channels, or completely mute the PCM output, without any fine grained control over individual PCM source channels. And USF, where you can happily mute the PCM output, but not the individual source channels.

Reply #33
@kode54 After I updated the component, it is failing with Hime Kishi Monogatari - Princess Blue downloaded from http://gsf.joshw.info. Specifically, the first song after 3 seconds the noise channel stops playing. In the previous version that did not happen.

Reply #34
Also, a question. Why the noise channel is playing weird beeps? For example, trainer defeated from Pokémon Sapphire.

Reply #35
Simple. It doesn't work right. I need to revert an attempt to fix it, and make it louder on the previous fix. Please try the latest version.

Reply #36
the latest 3.0.11 makes foobar2000 crash whenever I open GSF Decoder Preferences Page

Reply #37
Downgrade to the newly uploaded backup of 3.0.7, and kindly forget about any future updates for any of my components, until Visual Studio Gets Its Shit Together. I changed nothing, but updated Visual Studio, and everything just Stopped Working, but only in Release builds, not Debug builds.

Reply #38
I see you try to fix the crash but I still get 3.0.11 from the foobar2000 component repo. From your component page, I get 3.0.7.

Reply #39
That was an oops. Everything should be up to date now.