Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ReplayGain, how should I select all files to process (Read 818 times) previous topic - next topic

ReplayGain, how should I select all files to process

My ReplayGain scans of large genre (1500-2500 files) are not touching all the files. 
If I choose a genre in my left pane view by genre then in the playlist area select all files in the Library Viewer Selection and right click 'Remove ReplayGain information from files' I see a dialog that finishes way too fast for 1000 files (15s) and then if I do the same thing again there are still files to scan.
I am processing the files in the 1200x speed range.
Am I using this incorrectly?

Re: ReplayGain, how should I select all files to process

Reply #1
 Update: I scanned the folders for modified date and found that all files time stamps say they were changed. When I looked into random files with a disk editor I see the replaygain data. I think it's just reporting thing with the replaygain portion of fb2k.

Reply #2
You can create custom playlist columns for displaying the ReplayGain info.
Foobar2000 can adjust the volume on playback or when converting using the ReplayGain data.

Track Gain (relative to the ReplayGain target volume)
[%replaygain_track_gain%]

Track Volume (-18dB is equivalent to the ReplayGain target volume of 89dB)
$if(%replaygain_track_gain%,$puts(X,$sub(-1800,$replace(%replaygain_track_gain%,.,)))$puts(VOLUME,$ifequal($get(X),0,0,$ifgreater($get(X),0,$replace(+$substr($num($get(X),4),1,2),+0,+),$replace($substr($num($get(X),5),1,3),-0,-))).$substr($num($get(X),5),4,5) dB)$get(VOLUME))

ReplayGain's Track Volume (89dB is the dumb way ReplayGain's target volume is officially specified)
$if(%replaygain_track_gain%,$puts(X,$sub(8900,$replace(%replaygain_track_gain%,.,)))$puts(VOLUME,$ifgreater($get(X),9999,$substr($get(X),1,3).$substr($get(X),4,5),$substr($get(X),1,2).$substr($get(X),3,4)) dB  ))$get(VOLUME))

Album Gain (relative to the ReplayGain target volume)
[%replaygain_album_gain%]

Album Volume
$if(%replaygain_album_gain%,$puts(X,$sub(-1800,$replace(%replaygain_album_gain%,.,)))$puts(VOLUME,$ifequal($get(X),0,0,$ifgreater($get(X),0,$replace(+$substr($num($get(X),4),1,2),+0,+),$replace($substr($num($get(X),5),1,3),-0,-))).$substr($num($get(X),5),4,5) dB)$get(VOLUME))

ReplayGain's Album Volume
$if(%replaygain_album_gain%,$puts(X,$sub(8900,$replace(%replaygain_album_gain%,.,)))$puts(VOLUME,$ifgreater($get(X),9999,$substr($get(X),1,3).$substr($get(X),4,5),$substr($get(X),1,2).$substr($get(X),3,4)) dB  ))$get(VOLUME))

Track Peak
[%replaygain_track_peak_db%]

Reply #3
Wow, thanks for that. I didn't know about custom columns.