Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Total exporter for Columns UI? (Read 3764 times) previous topic - next topic

Total exporter for Columns UI?

I change my design every few days () and I'd like a way to FULLY save the columns UI configs - the layout info, sizes of stuff, etc. as well as the playlist formatting. Is there any way to save this in one file for easy exporting/importing?
err... i'm not using windows any more ;)

Reply #1
This would be very useful in my opinion as well!  Even though I'm quite satisfied with being able to export anything at all!

Reply #2
I really don't remember how many times I went to my friends house to explain or install from zero the foobar. I'm a big fan. Really, and i'm sure that is just getting better and better, but i think that a basic but cool (album art, columns, browser) or out of the box foobar install would be the "giant step" to mainstream. Maybe out of the box could be problematic but a way to zip and extract and gets all working would be great to share this great but time consuming program.

Anyway, my third world opinion (argentine)
Chaintech AV-710 Wolfson DAC - Carver CM1065 - JBL LX770

Reply #3
I too would like to see a consolidated file which would contain all settings including columns layout and individual component settings.  This information is currently stored in foobar2000.cfg isnt it? I've tried swapping .cfg files before but that also contains some information you wouldnt want to bother with like the directories for the media library. Ideally it would be nice to be able to add:

Fresh install of foobar + Extra components + All-in-One settings file

And switch between various configurations.

Reply #4
Essentially I would export a few files:

trackinfo.cfg (contains titelformatting and settings)
columnsui.cfg (ALL columns stuff)
buttons.cfg (all graphics, actions etc. of buttons)
general.cfg (everything else related)
err... i'm not using windows any more ;)

Reply #5
hands up from my side for this one as well!!! 

Reply #6
this would be very usefull, at the moment you can olny export the playlist view settings

Reply #7
I think that this would be a great idea as well.  I have just started playing with additional presets for the layout.  One thing I feel is lacking is the ability for the preset to include the window size last used in the preset.  If you switch from one preset to the other, you have to resize the window to accomodate.

With that in mind, it would be cool if you could export individual layout presets (as well as the full set of presets).  Not sure if the SDK will allow any of this, but if it is possible, it gets my vote. 

Reply #8
I think it also be great to have something like this it would save a lot of work when my computer crashes etc. would be gratefull for the guy that makes this

Reply #9
I think it also be great to have something like this it would save a lot of work when my computer crashes etc. would be gratefull for the guy that makes this

i agree.

this would be wicked useful!

Reply #10