Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [WSH Panel Mod]LastFM suite (Read 53168 times) previous topic - next topic

[WSH Panel Mod]LastFM suite

Reply #50
writing file tags is fine. it certainly makes life easier. but you just need to warn people in advance. that's all i'm saying.

and i'm afraid that new .fcl hasn't fixed any issues. plus each time you import, it causes you to lose all your settings (lastfm username, api key etc).

obviously, i had this issue with my old scripts when i used to store settings as variables in the script - people had to be very careful when upgrading. but i worked around that ages ago by saving the details in external files. i even made a dialog so people don't have to edit files anymore.

now users can upgrade their scripts and all their settings remain intact.

edit: and another thing, i've since updated the customdb to only create 3 entries on the context menu. it's well worth you checking it out.

edit2: wiki icon -

i'm pretty sure this was in my PSS theme that you downloaded. it's not transparent though. it has to be used on a white backgrond. it's simply the favicon from their website converted to .png

Reply #51
writing file tags is fine. it certainly makes life easier. but you just need to warn people in advance. that's all i'm saying.

and i'm afraid that new .fcl hasn't fixed any issues. plus each time you import, it causes you to lose all your settings (lastfm username, api key etc).

obviously, i had this issue with my old scripts when i used to store settings as variables in the script - people had to be very careful when upgrading. but i worked around that ages ago by saving the details in external files. i even made a dialog so people don't have to edit files anymore.

now users can upgrade their scripts and all their settings remain intact.

edit: and another thing, i've since updated the customdb to only create 3 entries on the context menu. it's well worth you checking it out.

edit2: wiki icon -

i'm pretty sure this was in my PSS theme that you downloaded. it's not transparent though. it has to be used on a white backgrond. it's simply the favicon from their website converted to .png

Strange that the fcl doesnt fix anything :s Will take a look tomorrow. About saving into an external file, i do that. I am wondering why it is not working for you.
Now about the icon, i meant "iphone" version of the icon. That s what i want to go for. Will look for it.

EDIT: about saving settings. I save them in on_script_unload so if you didnt close foobar or opened and closed the conf dialog of the manager wsh it wont be saved. I think that s why you lost everything during import.

Reply #52
rather oddly, the grey panel problem doesn't happen in windows 7 - my earlier screenshot was on vista. 

Reply #53
rather oddly, the grey panel problem doesn't happen in windows 7 - my earlier screenshot was on vista. 

That might explain why i dont see it. Very strange indeed.

By the way thanks a lot for pointing out the problem with saving the parameters. Something was wrong! i will upload a new one.

Reply #54
I was reading this thread and I don't know much about scripting and all that.  I just know that the WSH panel seems like it has a lot of functionality.  I tried following the instructions and I can't, for the life of me, get this to work.  The final product looks great!  I don't want to tweak it or anything.  Just have all those features in my foobar2000.  So pretty much I extract the .rar to my c:\program files\foobar2000 folder and add a WSH panel and then import the Manager.txt.  Nothing appears there and I have no idea how to proceed.  I thought I was supposed to import that WSH.ini file but I don't know where to do that.  Please help. 

Thanks in advance and seems like an awesome panel mod!

-Colin

Reply #55
Hey, I used your Last.fm Suite on brand new portable 1.03 installation and I get 5 whs panel errors, this is what is written in the console:

Code: [Select]
No main configuration file found.
No theme file found.
Startup time : 0:07.612938
WSH Panel Mod (GUID: FC10A772-7A4F-4C56-834F-A96F9880F281): Parsing file "C:\Users\Nikola\Desktop\foobar2000\scripts\simple_buttons.js"
WSH Panel Mod (GUID: FC10A772-7A4F-4C56-834F-A96F9880F281): Parsing file "C:\Users\Nikola\Desktop\foobar2000\scripts\utils.js"
Error: WSH Panel Mod (GUID: FC10A772-7A4F-4C56-834F-A96F9880F281): Microsoft JScript runtime error:
Automation server can't create object
Ln: 6, Col: 1
<source text only available in compile time>
WSH Panel Mod (GUID: F9D43942-3646-4293-88F3-6628B3A250CA): Parsing file "C:\Users\Nikola\Desktop\foobar2000\scripts\utils.js"
Error: WSH Panel Mod (GUID: F9D43942-3646-4293-88F3-6628B3A250CA): Microsoft JScript runtime error:
WSH Panel Mod (GUID: 6FA5A9C7-35B6-44EA-A398-0968E41150F8): Parsing file "C:\Users\Nikola\Desktop\foobar2000\scripts\utils.js"
Error: WSH Panel Mod (GUID: 6FA5A9C7-35B6-44EA-A398-0968E41150F8): Microsoft JScript runtime error:
WSH Panel Mod (GUID: 04FF7ABC-3375-464D-A1AE-F25653C8C576): Parsing file "C:\Users\Nikola\Desktop\foobar2000\scripts\utils.js"
Error: WSH Panel Mod (GUID: 04FF7ABC-3375-464D-A1AE-F25653C8C576): Microsoft JScript runtime error:
WSH Panel Mod (GUID: B4BE51A9-150B-4CAE-B9DC-AE8D8FEA4B23): Parsing file "C:\Users\Nikola\Desktop\foobar2000\scripts\utils.js"
Error: WSH Panel Mod (GUID: B4BE51A9-150B-4CAE-B9DC-AE8D8FEA4B23): Microsoft JScript runtime error:
WSH Panel Mod (GUID: 509BD207-721A-4547-ABD7-59B12F41E1A3): Parsing file "C:\Users\Nikola\Desktop\foobar2000\scripts\utils.js"
Error: WSH Panel Mod (GUID: 509BD207-721A-4547-ABD7-59B12F41E1A3): Microsoft JScript runtime error:
WSH Panel Mod (GUID: FD8472A8-EC9F-433F-B461-B766F65BD920): Parsing file "C:\Users\Nikola\Desktop\foobar2000\scripts\simple_buttons.js"
WSH Panel Mod (GUID: FD8472A8-EC9F-433F-B461-B766F65BD920): Parsing file "C:\Users\Nikola\Desktop\foobar2000\scripts\utils.js"
Error: WSH Panel Mod (GUID: FD8472A8-EC9F-433F-B461-B766F65BD920): Microsoft JScript runtime error:

Reply #56
same errors here...

Reply #58
Sorry, I am pretty new to this, and have absolutely NO idea how to implement this LastFM suite. An installation instruction would be very much appreciated. Thanks! 

Reply #59
Perhaps there has been an update the scripts lately which haven't been posted but is there anyway to get larger images for the Similar Artists? Setting the button size anything the default results in the image being a blurry mess, though the same images shown on the Last.fm website for similar artists are bigger.

EDIT: Is there any way to fix the scrolling issue with the bio page, the text overlaps over the header.