Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_skip: skip tracks that match a specified search query (Read 342803 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_skip: skip tracks that match a specified search query

Reply #775
No, that's not at all what I'm saying. The query string in Preferences determines which tracks are skipped entirely. Skipping parts of tracks is based on tags in those files.
Tags are changed by opening properties of the track. Fields are the text labels on the left, like Artist, Title, Album... For partial skipping a track needs a field called Skip with timestamped data of parts that one wants to skip.

Reply #776
I'm not sure I fully follow your explanation.
So what I set already isn't enough to get each playing file jump in time?
Specific tags are needed?
Can you give a specific example how to achieve a jump in time in just one mp3 file?
What should I setup, where and how.
Thanks.

Reply #777
It's not enough. The string in preferences is checked for each track and if running the query against current track returns true value, the entire track is skipped.

Right click an MP3 file in foobar2000, click 'Properties', then click '+ add new'. Enter the partial skip information here and save the changes with 'OK'. Below is a screenshot showing what it will look like. Notice that I left the hours away from the timestamp, it's not necessary to type them if they aren't needed.
X

Reply #778
It's not enough. The string in preferences is checked for each track and if running the query against current track returns true value, the entire track is skipped.

Right click an MP3 file in foobar2000, click 'Properties', then click '+ add new'. Enter the partial skip information here and save the changes with 'OK'. Below is a screenshot showing what it will look like. Notice that I left the hours away from the timestamp, it's not necessary to type them if they aren't needed.
[attach type=image]30473[/attach]

Thanks so much for the detailed answer!
Unfortunately for me, if that's the case, it won't be much of a use.
I need every track playing to jump in time and as I have a considerable amount of them, tinkering with each one individually doesn't seem practical.
Maybe if I find an easy way to add or remove the skip tag from all of them at once, it might be an option.
Appreciate your help.

Reply #779
I kind of figured you were looking at a wrong component. You should try Preview.

Reply #780
I kind of figured you were looking at a wrong component. You should try Preview.

Thanks but if that is playing first seconds of tracks, not exactly what I'm looking for.
Anyway, found out I can easily add and remove the SKIP tag in multiple tracks with MP3Tag, so that problem solved :)