Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Example of using Lame dll tag functions (Read 2621 times) previous topic - next topic

Example of using Lame dll tag functions

I need to write a Win32 C++ program to encode .wav files using the lame encoder. I started with an example in the Lame installation of loading and then making calls to the lame_enc.dll to do this task, and it contains calls such as:

. . .
beEncodeChunk(hbeStream, dwRead/2, pWAVBuffer, pMP3Buffer, &dwWrite);
. . .

The encoding is working well but I also need to set the artist and title tags in the encoded MP3 file. It doesn't appear that there are any tag writing functions in lame_enc.dll but I noticed that it loads libmp3lame.dll, which does contain tag writing functions, such as id3tag_set_artist() .

Is there an example somewhere that shows how to use these "id3tag" dll functions in combination with the "be" dll functions that I am already using?

If there is a better forum to ask this programming question in please let me know.

Thanks,

CalBoy101