Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playlist-Specific Playback Order (Read 1192 times) previous topic - next topic

Playlist-Specific Playback Order

Hi.

Is there a way to link the playback order (default / random etc.) to a playlist? So if I use a playlist for albums and another one for single songs i can have the album playlist use the default, and the single songs playlist use the random order?

Is there probably even a way to have a random _album_ order? (playing albums in random order, but the album songs in correct order)

Reply #1
Is there a way to link the playback order (default / random etc.) to a playlist?

There's a Playlist Attributes third-party component that does what you want. Do a search for foo_playlist_attributes, or just look for the topic in the third-party components forum.

Is there probably even a way to have a random _album_ order?

Try out the 'Shuffle Albums' playback order in the core player.

Reply #2
Thank DocBeard you for your quick reply!

There's a Playlist Attributes third-party component that does what you want. Do a search for foo_playlist_attributes, or just look for the topic in the third-party components forum.

Thanks, way more than i hoped for. Nice one.

Try out the 'Shuffle Albums' playback order in the core player.

Never noticed that. How embarrassing...

Thanks! Much appreciated!