Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Please ... foobar for mac (Read 7726 times) previous topic - next topic

Please ... foobar for mac

hello my friends!!
i switched to a mac recently and not be able to run foobar is a very big pain

please support osx, foobar is unique and un-replaceable

thinking even to re-switch to windows cause of that

Reply #1
It exists a solution, though I don't know how up to date this project is and how useful it would be for you in detail (I don't own Apple devices).

If I remember correctly Peter doesn't intend to develop foobar2000 for operating systems other than Windows.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Reply #2
I run an entire virtual machine on my Mac (in VMware, but Parallels or VirtuaBox would do) running Windows, simply in order to have foobar.

Reply #3
If I remember correctly Peter doesn't intend to develop foobar2000 for operating systems other than Windows.

why is that ?
I have ubuntu on my computer too and I really wish there was an audio player doing half of what foobar does. whenever that happens there won't be many reasons justifying for me keeping windows

Reply #4

why is that ?

Because cross-platform development of robust software is no small matter. Peter doesn't exactly have the same kind of resources that, say, Adobe has, and even their software clearly betrays the Mac origins when on Windows, and doesn't have a Linux version*

*)

Reply #5
foobar2000's development is tied very closely to the win32 APIs that are provided by Windows. Programing foobar2000 on different platforms would basically require writing entirely new applications for those platforms.

It's just not going to happen for the same reasons it has never happened. Feel free to search for "linux" "foobar" "Mac" "win32" "OS X" "Apple" or some combination thereof to read more threads talking about this if you're really interested.

Thread Closed
elevatorladylevitateme