Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Various Offtopic Posts (Read 10664 times) previous topic - next topic

Various Offtopic Posts

Well, I spent some time on this.  I am not too disappointed since I started out not knowing jack when it came to configuring this thing.  I did cheat as I used Leshita's config for most of it, I just changed a lot of the colors.  What I did do differently is I modded the VU meter so that it appeared to be paneled, it isn't, I just removed the caption.  And the one thing that I really don't like about it is that no matter what other windows are in focus, the VU meter is always on top, I am trying to fix that.

http://lmsb.no-ip.com\hosted\foobar_green.jpg
http://lmsb.no-ip.com\hosted\Green.zip
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=269376"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thats cool, i'm using it atm.. i'm pretty new to foobar so i'm trying to get my head around everything...

How do I get my trackinfo to look like that? And also what font are you using because I just have boxes instead of those arrows...

This is what it looks like atm

Various Offtopic Posts

Reply #1
obsolete post...

Various Offtopic Posts

Reply #2
<deleted...>

Various Offtopic Posts

Reply #3
Can someone post the string for a "nice" rating display?  Right now, my rating shows asterisk,*, for the ratings.  Which is obviously very plain.  I was thinking of circles,stars, etc. 

BTW, I would like the max rating of 6.

My config is Azrael v5.3, which is fairly well known config by Neksus.
[attachment=1292:attachment]
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=272466"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This was posted a while ago in another thread.  I've changed it to use a 6-point rating scale, but you'll have to change the colors to match whatever Azrael theme you're using.

Code: [Select]
$if(%rating%,$repeat(000000|000000●,%rating%),C0C0C0|C0C0C0●●●●●●)$repeat(C0C0C0|C0C0C0●,$sub(6,%rating%))

Various Offtopic Posts

Reply #4
I use this code in the first column :

$if(%_isplaying%,
$select($add($mod($div($sub(%_time_elapsed_seconds%,1),$add($len(%_playlist_total%),3)),4),1),FFFFFF|FFFFFF,40FF00|40FF00,00FFFF|00FFFF,FFFF00|FFFF00)
$if($strcmp($mod(%_time_elapsed_seconds%,$add($len(%_playlist_total%),3)),0),$repeat(•,$len(%_playlist_total%)),$if($strcmp($mod(%_time_elapsed_seconds%,$add($len(%_playlist_total%),3)),1),,$if($strcmp($mod(%_time_elapsed_seconds%,$add($len(%_playlist_total%),3)),2),$repeat(•,$len(%_playlist_total%)),$progress($sub($mod(%_time_elapsed_seconds%,$add($len(%_playlist_total%),3)),3),$len(%_playlist_total%),$len(%_playlist_total%),  ,•))))
,$num(%_playlist_number%,$len(%_playlist_total%)))

moderation: please use codebox or add linebreaks for such long lines

Various Offtopic Posts

Reply #6
Sorry, no longer foobar user, due to major foobar bug. It freezes on my computer too much, even worse it's random. This is without any plug-ins even being installed. Some times I could listen to music for days and have no issue and then some times after five mins it would completely lock up my computer and have to reboot.

So back to winamp for me until 0.9 is released, then I'll it again....

mod / admin. if you wish then delete this reply to clean up post
God Bless U.S.A

Various Offtopic Posts

Reply #7
Someone requested my iTunes style.  Here it is.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=313977"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

How did you get the heart and hearts to work like that? With me it just puts a square box. What plugins do you have?

Thanks.

Various Offtopic Posts

Reply #8
Hi to everyone in this gr8 forum!

It is is my first post and I just downloaded foobar2000 yesterday, however I can't find where should I put the fcs files.

Please help me or redirect me to a link to read.  I did search before I post my comments but couldnt find anywhere where can I add those fcs files.

Thanks

Various Offtopic Posts

Reply #9
Update to my config.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351824"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Brumal, love that setup, what is the font your using for the playlist and where did u find them buttons?

Would you share your source for the infobox? thats the sweetest one i've seen!

Various Offtopic Posts

Reply #10

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=268673"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Did anybody know the name of this sytle?

Various Offtopic Posts

Reply #11
Here is mine

Various Offtopic Posts

Reply #12
heeeeeelP!!!!

I can't get any off these configs working...
I've got no idea of how to import them, or what i'll have to do

Various Offtopic Posts

Reply #13
Could anyone please help me in customizing foobar to look like that?
http://img503.imageshack.us/my.php?image=b...220200516dq.png

I think there are special fonts and so on.
And how could i realize such things as 'library', 'explorer' and so on shown on the left pane in the bottom?

At the moment my foobar looks like that (see screenshot)

Thanx in advance!
atmosfear

Various Offtopic Posts

Reply #14
I thought I knew how to skin this thing... a few versions ago, I had foobar beta .9 looking about the way I wanted it to, but installing the stable release overwrote my configs.

Basically, the only special formatting I want to do is to make my text that is currently playing a different color.  What are the variables I need for this?  Basically, just the variable for the text on a line. (Basically, I want what mil3s has done, but he didn't seem post his actual config file).

I was actually somewhat curious as to why the text color for playing songs can't just be set in the same place that you would set all your other colors.  Isn't having a playing song in a different color a pretty universal desire for everyone when it comes to the look of a playlist?  I'd think that it should be trivial to set this...

[edit]
Ah, nevermind.

I just found me an excellent tutorial that talks about this very thing right here:
http://tagz.brother-john.net/create_animation.html

Many thanks to Brother John for writing this!

Various Offtopic Posts

Reply #15
As an addendum to the last question of mine, I got the isPlaying color set the way I want, but is it possible to create a variation of that color for when the playing file is selected?  The isPlaying overwrites the Selected Text color, but I'd like to have text a little lighter colored if the playing file is selected.  Brother Johns tutorial talks about variables for selected stuff, but I don't seem to see the foobar tagz variable for this... 

If there is such a variable (like isSelected)  what is it?

Various Offtopic Posts

Reply #16
....I got the isPlaying color set the way I want....
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
How?

I'm trying to do the same thing............

[a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=42627]http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=42627[/url]
foobar2000 + EAC + Burrrn = Happiness

Various Offtopic Posts

Reply #17
To independently set the color of a playing track, do the following:

Go into Preferences->Columns UI->Playlist View

Select the Globals Tab

Check "Use global variables for display"

Under the "Variables" subtab paste in this line

$set_global(cTxtPlay,$rgb(255,255,255))

Set the color in rgb 8-bit decimal values as desired. (This color, 255,255,255 is white, by the way)

Under the "Style" subtab paste the following:
$if(%isplaying%,
$set_style(text,$get_global(cTxtPlay),$get_global(cTxtPlay))
)

Voila!  The playing track is whatever color you want.

Various Offtopic Posts

Reply #19
Could some people please upload their settings for foo_ui_columns ?

I'm hopeless at this kind of stuff.

Various Offtopic Posts

Reply #20
Here is mine

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=367751"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Can you share your config too apart from the screenshot? And the buttons? Thanks

Various Offtopic Posts

Reply #21
darkblue, updated for 0.9 RC and 0.1.3 pre-alpha 17v2.

Bitrate will be shown as percentage (62.5% or etc.) when tech info "encoding" is "lossless",
otherwise ("lossy" or "hybrid") in kbps (192kbps and so on).
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=367348"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Great config man...It's the only one I can seem to get to work correctly with my playlist, I have a bunch of no album songs, and your config seems to get those correctly displayed as their own 'category'. Good config, I didn't think I'd like the colors, but they seem to go very well!

Various Offtopic Posts

Reply #22
Update to my fooby config:
- Added columns to show missing tags, file type & play count
- Added audioscrobbler submission indicator
- Made track time display configurable (1:23, -3:37, 1:23/5:00, -3:37/5:00)
- Streamlined track info
- Added audioscrobbler submission indicator to track info
- Added color schemes to track info to match columns config
- Added 4 new color schemes

[attachment=1950:attachment]
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351383"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

What is the name of the font you are using for your track info panel?

Various Offtopic Posts

Reply #23
figured it out

Various Offtopic Posts

Reply #24
Definitly nice work on the HA theme, picmixer. Think i'll use it after some color adjustments ;]

I wonder, how long did it take you to build a formatting string from scratch?