Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_navigator (Read 79523 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_navigator

Reply #50
Hi, this is a really useful plugin, but none of the titleformatting fields work for me, they all return question marks. I'm using version 0.63, Panels UI 14.9 and foobar 0.9.5. Apart from that it works fine.

Edit: nm, just found out they are only available in the panel, I thought they were global and could be used in a columns playlist, but obv. not!

foo_navigator

Reply #51
Hello, thanks for this great plugin.

Is there a way to move the played track to the top of the list, rather than keep adding it multiple times?

eg. if I keep playing two tracks repeatedly, one after the other, I don't want it to keep adding both tracks over and over again.

foo_navigator

Reply #52
Are the forward button and the panel working fine? Are you using the latest versions of foobar2k and ColumnsUI.
Does anybody else experience this bug?

Is the panel for foo_navigator still supported in FB2K v0.9.6.9 with foo_ui_columns-0.3.7.3?  I'm just starting to get a handle on setting up FB2K, and have managed to set up several panels.

But while foo_navigator's 'View History', 'Back', 'Forward' items appear on the 'Playback' menu by default, and I got its buttons set up on the toolbar, I fail to see any options for creating a panel for it.

Am I missing something right in from of me?

Thx
TS
Geopoliticus Child Watching the Birth of the New Man

foo_navigator

Reply #53
Panel name is "History". You can add it in CUI preferences > Layout

foo_navigator

Reply #54
I’m not sure why ‘History’ didn’t originally appear on the 'Add panel > Panels'  menu while trying to install the History panel before I posted this message.  But whatever it was, it’s there now and I didn’t have to go the route you outlined 2E7AH.

Panel name is "History". You can add it in CUI preferences > Layout

That method for creating panels is one I haven't figured out.  I’ve managed to figure out 95% of the issues I was having configuring what I've wanted in FB2K. But understanding that process has eluded me.

What the heck am I missing? 

EDIT:  An oh... I see there's a 'Log Mode' for foo_navigator.  I thought that may create an external text file with the play history.  But at closer look I see it enables appending newly played tracks to the list.

I'd like to have an external file created and appended on an ongoing basis.  Is that possible with this or some other component?

TS

foo_navigator

Reply #55
It's hard to understand your English but you should check on "Remember History".
"Log mode" is for playlist named "History". Than you can use Text Tools to output that playlist to text file

As for CUI layout - nothing hard to comprehend: Use vertical/horizontal splitters to split the space and place panel(s) in it or in tabs

[edit]
I'd like to have an external file created and appended on an ongoing basis. Is that possible with this or some other component?

Yes it's possible with Now Playing Simple

foo_navigator

Reply #56
It's hard to understand your English

And I'm a native English speaker! I may need to get a little rest... 

Than you can use Text Tools to output that playlist to text file

Okay.. great.

As for CUI layout - nothing hard to comprehend: Use vertical/horizontal splitters to split the space and place panel(s) in it or in tabs

Ah!  The context menu.  Now I see it.  Very useful.

Yes it's possible with Now Playing Simple

Okay... That went in easy.  By default it writes one long comma delimited line to the log file.  I'm not that good at scripting.  I managed to paste $crlf() to the end of its formatting string.  That got each track to be written to individual lines. 

But I'm still struggling to figure out how to insert time and date values.
EDIT: %datetime% ... that was simple enough!

Thanks for your feedback 2E7AH

TS

foo_navigator

Reply #57
I have your non-edited post in RSS reader, and while it's correct it is somehow hard for me to read it and i'm not native nor good English speaker

%datetime%?

foo_navigator

Reply #58
I have your non-edited post in RSS reader, and while it's correct it is somehow hard for me to read it and i'm not native nor good English speaker

You're English seems great.  When I go back and read what I 1st wrote, I can see I committed at least one major error.  A run-on sentence.  Back in school I could have been flunked for that alone.  I always feel guilty for not getting a better grasp of another language.

%datetime%?

Heh... I must have been composing my last post as you were posting yours.  I pretty much just guess when scripting, and go the 'trial and error' method.  The '%[insert_whatever]% components I can uaually deal with.  It's the rest I'm struggling with.

foo_navigator

Reply #59
It's the rest I'm struggling with.
Simple date and time formatting only (results in: YYMMDD hh'h'mm'ss, e.g. 091027 23h20'35):
Code: [Select]
$substr(%datetime%,23,24)$replace($substr(%datetime%,5,7),Jan,01,Feb,02,Mar,03,Apr,04,May,05,Jun,06,Jul,07,Aug,08,Sep,09,Oct,10,Nov,11,Dec,12)$substr(%datetime%,9,10) $substr(%datetime%,12,13)'h'$substr(%datetime%,15,16)''$substr(%datetime%,18,19)

More complete syntax:
$if(%isplaying%,$if(%ispaused%,
$substr(%datetime%,23,24)$replace($substr(%datetime%,5,7),Jan,01,Feb,02,Mar,03,Apr,04,May,05,Jun,06,Jul,07,Aug,08,Sep,09,Oct,10,Nov,11,Dec,12)$substr(%datetime%,9,10) $substr(%datetime%,12,13)'h'$substr(%datetime%,15,16)''$substr(%datetime%,18,19)'  '
[%artist%'  ']$if(%title%,['['$if2(%album%,<no album>)[ %date%]']  '][#[%disc%/]$num(%tracknumber%,2) ]%title%,%_filename%)  '[paused  ]'
  '('%codec% '('$info(encoding)')' %samplerate% Hz %bitrate% kBit/s $if2($info(mp3_stereo_mode),%channels%)')'
[  %path%][  $meta(URL)]
[  '[Last modified: '$replace($substr(%last_modified%,3,16),-,,:,h)']']
[  '[Added: '$replace($substr(%added%,3,16),-,,:,h)']']
[  '[Length: '%length%']']
$char(10),
$substr(%datetime%,23,24)$replace($substr(%datetime%,5,7),Jan,01,Feb,02,Mar,03,Apr,04,May,05,Jun,06,Jul,07,Aug,08,Sep,09,Oct,10,Nov,11,Dec,12)$substr(%datetime%,9,10) $substr(%datetime%,12,13)'h'$substr(%datetime%,15,16)''$substr(%datetime%,18,19)'  '
[%artist%'  ']$if(%title%,['['$if2(%album%,<no album>)[ %date%]']  '][#[%disc%/]$num(%tracknumber%,2) ]%title%,%_filename%)  '[>playing]'
  '('%codec% '('$info(encoding)')' %samplerate% Hz %bitrate% kBit/s $if2($info(mp3_stereo_mode),%channels%)')'
[  %path%][  $meta(URL)]
[  '[Last modified: '$replace($substr(%last_modified%,3,16),-,,:,h)']']
[  '[Added: '$replace($substr(%added%,3,16),-,,:,h)']']
[  '[Length: '%length%']']
$char(10)),
stopped$char(10)$char(10))

Results in:
091028 09h29'22   Jason Crane   [The Jazz Session 2009]   #100 The Jazz Session #100: Bernie Flanders, My Grandfather   [>playing]   (MP3 (lossy) 44100 Hz 128 kBit/s stereo)   D:\music\The Jazz Session\tjs-2009-10-23.mp3     The Jazz Session #100- Bernie Flanders, My Grandfather.mp3   [Last modified: 091023 19h27]   [Added: 091023 20h56]   [Length: 42:10]
091028 09h54'50  Jason Crane  [The Jazz Session 2009]  #100 The Jazz Session #100: Bernie Flanders, My Grandfather  [paused  ]  (MP3 (lossy) 44100 Hz 128 kBit/s stereo)  D:\music\The Jazz Session\tjs-2009-10-23.mp3    The Jazz Session #100- Bernie Flanders, My Grandfather.mp3  [Last modified: 091023 19h27]  [Added: 091023 20h56]  [Length: 42:10]
091028 10h14'22  Jason Crane  [The Jazz Session 2009]  #100 The Jazz Session #100: Bernie Flanders, My Grandfather  [>playing]  (MP3 (lossy) 44100 Hz 128 kBit/s stereo)  D:\music\The Jazz Session\tjs-2009-10-23.mp3    The Jazz Session #100- Bernie Flanders, My Grandfather.mp3  [Last modified: 091023 19h27]  [Added: 091023 20h56]  [Length: 42:10]
091028 10h33'53  stopped

and can be imported in Excel (separator = three spaces).

[!--sizeo:1--][span style=\"font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--]Moderation: replaced code with codebox to prevent wrecking the page layout[/size]
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

foo_navigator

Reply #60
and can be imported in Excel (separator = three spaces).
Thanks for posting that Robertina.  Could you tell me what programming language these codes are based on?  Is it specific to FB2K?  Or maybe based on some kind of pre-existing programming? 

Hunting the net, the only information I could come up with was the Foobar2000:Title Formatting Reference page.  Is there anything more informative somewhere?

Parts of the code you posted worked for me, and other parts didn't.  The unicode line feed character $char(10) does nothing on my system running Windows 7.  I was able to replace it with the $crlf() code I found in the FB2K formatting page above which worked for me.

I also had problems importing the output into Excel.  Those 3 spaces made things a bit of a pain to load into my 2003 version.  I found I could replace the groups of 3 spaces in your code with the tab function $tab() specifified in the wiki page above. The output is in a tab delimited format that Excel then loads easily.

By just replacing your $char(10) and 3 spaces with $crlf() and $tab(), the result was the following:

$substr(%datetime%,23,24)$replace($substr(%datetime%,5,7),Jan,01,Feb,02,Mar,03,Apr,04,May,05,Jun,06,Jul,07,Aug,08,Sep,09,Oct,10,Nov,11,Dec,12)$substr(%datetime%,9,10) $substr(%datetime%,12,13)'h'$substr(%datetime%,15,16)''$substr(%datetime%,18,19)''$tab()
[%artist%]$tab()$if(%title%,['['$if2(%album%,<no album>)[ %date%]']']$tab()[#[%disc%/]$num(%tracknumber%,2) ]%title%,%_filename%)$tab()'[paused  ]'
$tab()'('%codec% '('$info(encoding)')' %samplerate% Hz %bitrate% kBit/s $if2($info(mp3_stereo_mode),%channels%)')'
$tab()[%path%]$tab()[$meta(URL)]
$tab()['[Last modified: '$replace($substr(%last_modified%,3,16),-,,:,h)']']
$tab()['[Added: '$replace($substr(%added%,3,16),-,,:,h)']']
$tab()['[Length: '%length%']']
$crlf(),
$substr(%datetime%,23,24)$replace($substr(%datetime%,5,7),Jan,01,Feb,02,Mar,03,Apr,04,May,05,Jun,06,Jul,07,Aug,08,Sep,09,Oct,10,Nov,11,Dec,12)$substr(%datetime%,9,10) $substr(%datetime%,12,13)'h'$substr(%datetime%,15,16)''$substr(%datetime%,18,19)''$tab()
[%artist%]$tab()$if(%title%,['['$if2(%album%,<no album>)[ %date%]']']$tab()[#[%disc%/]$num(%tracknumber%,2) ]%title%,%_filename%)$tab()'[>playing]'
$tab()'('%codec% '('$info(encoding)')' %samplerate% Hz %bitrate% kBit/s $if2($info(mp3_stereo_mode),%channels%)')'
$tab()[%path%]$tab()[$meta(URL)]
$tab()['[Last modified: '$replace($substr(%last_modified%,3,16),-,,:,h)']']
$tab()['[Added: '$replace($substr(%added%,3,16),-,,:,h)']']
$tab()['[Length: '%length%']']
$crlf()),
stopped$crlf())
And that gives me this tab delimited output that imports easily into Excel for me:

091031 05h03'36'	They Might Be Giants	[Apollo 18 1992]	#18 Fingertips (Part 1)	[>playing]	(MP3 (lossy) 44100 Hz 122 kBit/s joint stereo)	G:\They Might Be Giants\18 - Fingertips (Part 1).mp3		[Last modified: 091030 18h58]		[Length: 0:06]
091031 05h03'42' They Might Be Giants [Apollo 18 1992] #28 Fingertips (All Alone) [>playing] (MP3 (lossy) 44100 Hz 117 kBit/s joint stereo) G:\They Might Be Giants\28 - Fingertips (All Alone).mp3 [Last modified: 091030 18h58] [Length: 0:06]
There are 2 'invisable' tabbed fields in that output.  The tab characters are there, but I'm not getting any data output for them.  The 1st is for the 'Added' field in your script that should indicate when the file was loaded into FB2K's library, right?  The other is a result of your $meta(URL) that I don't entirely understand.  It seems to be an alternate network path, and I could probably just eliminate the $tab() I placed before it.

With your unaltered code, for some reason the output didn't reflect pausing or stopping the playback.  The following is the output from your script on my system running 2 short MP3s, and pausing in the middle of both:

091031 05h08'14   They Might Be Giants   [Apollo 18 1992]   #18 Fingertips (Part 1)   [>playing]   (MP3 (lossy) 44100 Hz 122 kBit/s joint stereo)   G:\They Might Be Giants\18 - Fingertips (Part 1).mp3   [Last modified: 091030 18h58]   [Length: 0:06]
091031 05h08'21  They Might Be Giants  [Apollo 18 1992]  #28 Fingertips (All Alone)  [>playing]  (MP3 (lossy) 44100 Hz 117 kBit/s joint stereo)  G:\They Might Be Giants\28 - Fingertips (All Alone).mp3  [Last modified: 091030 18h58]  [Length: 0:06]
The only difference in between that output and the one my modified script created is the replacment of those 3 spaces with tabs.  And I manually folded the 2nd line where your $char(10) code failed to create a carriage return.

Notice the pauses aren't listed.  There's are no timestamp for when playback stopped.  And there's no output for the 'Added' field.  Any idea why that may be?

Thanks again for your feedback Robertina.

TS

foo_navigator

Reply #61
I pretty much just guess when scripting, and go the 'trial and error' method.  The '%[insert_whatever]% components I can uaually deal with.  It's the rest I'm struggling with.

Save this link  It's good to have now and then.
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

foo_navigator

Reply #62
Could you tell me what programming language these codes are based on?  Is it specific to FB2K?  Or maybe based on some kind of pre-existing programming?
It is foobar2000 specific, you already found the link to its online help, foobar's menu Help / Title Formatting Help provides a shortened offline version. Only the %datetime% syntax comes with Skipy Rich's Now Playing Simple component and it only works within this plugin.

The unicode line feed character $char(10) does nothing on my system running Windows 7. I was able to replace it with the $crlf() code I found in the FB2K formatting page above which worked for me.
Well done. I am using Windows XP where both elements are working, I am glad you found the correct adjustment.

I also had problems importing the output into Excel. Those 3 spaces made things a bit of a pain to load into my 2003 version. I found I could replace the groups of 3 spaces in your code with the tab function $tab() specifified in the wiki page above. The output is in a tab delimited format that Excel then loads easily.
Some of my podcasts I am listening to have unfortunately tabs in some of their relevant tagging fields. So I needed another unique separator and chose the three spaces arbitrarily.

The other is a result of your $meta(URL) that I don't entirely understand. It seems to be an alternate network path
I am often listening to online streams and $meta(URL) reflects their played addresses.

And there's no output for the 'Added' field. Any idea why that may be?
As you assumed %added% refers to foobar's Media Library Playback statistics, so this element is not available for files outside your monitored folders. There is no output data because square brackets put around a title formatting element suppress the question mark which would be shown otherwise.

Notice the pauses aren't listed. There's are no timestamp for when playback stopped. And there's no output for the 'Added' field. Any idea why that may be?
Try this Formatting string, I have improved it for Excel's importing function so that all values now are in their correct column (at least on Windows XP, Excel 2002 SP3). All your suggestions and adjustments to your OS are all taken in (at least I hope so):

$substr(%datetime%,23,24)$replace($substr(%datetime%,5,7),Jan,01,Feb,02,Mar,03,Apr,04,May,05,Jun,06,Jul,07,Aug,08,Sep,09,Oct,10,Nov,11,Dec,12)$substr(%datetime%,9,10) $substr(%datetime%,12,13)'h'$substr(%datetime%,15,16)''$substr(%datetime%,18,19)$tab()
$if2(%album artist%,'Album artist: n/a')
$tab()$if(%title%,['['$if2(%album%,<no album>)[ %date%]']  '][#[%disc%/]$num(%tracknumber%,2) ]%title%,%_filename%)$tab()'[paused]'
$tab()$if2(%path%,$meta(URL))
$tab()'[Last modified: '$if2($replace($substr(%last_modified%,3,16),-,,:,h),'n/a')']'
$tab()'[Added: '$if2($replace($substr(%added%,3,16),-,,:,h),'n/a')']'
$tab()'[Length: '$if2(%length%,'n/a')']'
$crlf(),
$substr(%datetime%,23,24)$replace($substr(%datetime%,5,7),Jan,01,Feb,02,Mar,03,Apr,04,May,05,Jun,06,Jul,07,Aug,08,Sep,09,Oct,10,Nov,11,Dec,12)$substr(%datetime%,9,10) $substr(%datetime%,12,13)'h'$substr(%datetime%,15,16)''$substr(%datetime%,18,19)$tab()
$if2(%album artist%,'Album artist: n/a')
$tab()$if(%title%,['['$if2(%album%,<no album>)[ %date%]']  '][#[%disc%/]$num(%tracknumber%,2) ]%title%,%_filename%)$tab()'[>playing]'
$tab()$if2(%path%,$meta(URL))
$tab()'[Last modified: '$if2($replace($substr(%last_modified%,3,16),-,,:,h),'n/a')']'
$tab()'[Added: '$if2($replace($substr(%added%,3,16),-,,:,h),'n/a')']'
$tab()'[Length: '$if2(%length%,'n/a')']'
$crlf()),
stopped$crlf())

Edit: removed Codebox (sorry for that), because pasting my code into it with Opera there are unwanted spaces in it and I did not find a way to remove them.  
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

foo_navigator

Reply #63
Can you update this plug-in for foobar 1.0 please?  Thanks

foo_navigator

Reply #64
bump
foobar2000 troubleshooter tells me this component should be updated, i'm using the history panel as 2E7AH describes it

foo_navigator

Reply #65
author didn't updated his component for a long time, so probability to see such outdated component in troubleshooter are evident
you shouldn't worry about it, if it works for you, thou it won't work forever if it stays outdated

foo_navigator

Reply #66
New version for foobar2000 v1.0:
information and download: here
additional download in upload forum: here

foo_navigator

Reply #67
Thank you for the update!

foo_navigator

Reply #68
i'm glad this component is still there
thanks

foo_navigator

Reply #69
Thanks!

foo_navigator

Reply #70
after the uopdate, foobar still reports in component list:

version 0.64
Navigator for foobar2000 v0.9
by Yannick Schillinger

Maybe need to update some string of text?

bye, Linus

foo_navigator

Reply #71
Oops, missed that.
Thank you, Linus

foo_navigator

Reply #72
Hello yanni,

nice to see that development is not abandoned. I like this component for two reasons: the possibility to show real playback time instead of last_played and especially because it covers also tracks outside of library (wich i have a lot). To benefit from your component i would love to see two features:
  • Your component is still not able to play playlistless tracks. Why not a feature that lets you add these tracks to a certain playlist specified in preferences (f.e. "Default")?
  • Support for DUI.
Furthermore some suggestions that are not essential in the sense of the two features above: Some parts of the component now after 4 years seem a bit outdated. For example it is now possible to set colors and fonts on a central page in columnsui preferences wich also offer a global setting for all panels. What also comes to my mind are these pseudocolumns created by $tab() - i think real columns (definable by user in a simple gridview) would look nicer.

Thanks! 

foo_navigator

Reply #73
Plugin doesn't show streamed history (i.e. last.fm radio) after restarting foobar, it says "unknown title". That's because he stores history in "path to file" format, I guess. Is there any way to workaround?

foo_navigator

Reply #74
some improvement ideas:
  • option to move a played track from the history to the top of the history list (when "Always append new tracks" is enabled)
  • option to add a played track from the history to the top of the history list again. This would be the same behaviour as if the track was played from a playlist.
  • option to make the option "Wait before adding track to history" ignore seeking. At the moment the timer seems to be reset everytime I change the position in a track.