Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Default Lame 3.98.4 Settings (Read 5690 times) previous topic - next topic

Default Lame 3.98.4 Settings

Hello folks,

i am using Cdex 1.51 with the latest Lame 3.98.4,

i am wondering what presets use the default setting of that version of lame, all of which use vbr 2, 128-320, 44.1khz

preset standard, vbr old

preset fast standard, vbr new

preset extreme, vbr old

preset fast extreme, vbr new

preset insane

what is the optimal settings for mp3

Reply #1
i am wondering what presets use the default setting of that version of lame, all of which use vbr 2, 128-320, 44.1khz

Eh?

I suppose I'll suggest once again that you do some reading.

Perhaps starting here: Hydrogenaudio Knowledgebase: LAME

what is the optimal settings for mp3

Gee, I don't know. Why not check the topic "Recommended LAME settings", which is pinned at the top of this very subforum?

Reply #2
CDex presents you with a bunch of unnecessary options when all you want to do is choose a preset. And it's not secure.

My advice just use EAC.

Reply #3
While I've also expressed concerns about its Lame configuration, this is the second time I've seen it suggested that CDex is not secure; I don't think this assertion is correct.

Reply #4
If you wish mp3 [a href='index.php?showtopic=79783']dead[/a], then why are you using it?