Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4560247 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #6750
Do you have a reason for putting Pipe or Dash characters between syntax variables in your sort script?

I looked into this once and tried a little test. . .read my Post (from Jun 15 2011) here

Ah thanks, I just assumed you were supposed to use pipes as that's all I've seen when looking up my problem.
My sort script reads:

Code: [Select]
%album artist% %date% %album% %tracknumber%

But I still have the same problem.

Columns UI

Reply #6751
So your sort problem relates to the view in your playlist viewer: NG Playlist ?
Have you checked the sort script for each of your columns ?
Especially check the sort script for the first column (on the left).

Columns UI

Reply #6752
So your sort problem relates to the view in your playlist viewer: NG Playlist ?
Have you checked the sort script for each of your columns ?
Especially check the sort script for the first column (on the left).

Hm, I've tried that before but I just double checked, still doesn't fix it.

Columns UI

Reply #6753
%path_sort% %album artist% %date% %album% %tracknumber%

Put that sort script in every single column (except the info columns such as Bitrate and Length)

Columns UI

Reply #6754
%path_sort% %album artist% %date% %album% %tracknumber%

Put that sort script in every single column (except the info columns such as Bitrate and Length)

Done, it still doesn't want to work though.

Columns UI

Reply #6755
You mean to tell me that if you click on the header bar of any column containing that sort script
NG Playlist still refuses to sort all the items as expected!!!??? ...I find this hard to believe.

Columns UI

Reply #6756
You mean to tell me that if you click on the header bar of any column containing that sort script
NG Playlist still refuses to sort all the items as expected!!!??? ...I find this hard to believe.

I'm at work now, I can screenshot it for you when I get home, but I copied the exact script you posted and put it in all the columns (except length and bitrate) and selected "Use custom sort script"
After refreshing the playlist, and opening and closing foobar those albums are still out of order. It's strange because I've never had this problem before and it's only started happening recently with albums I add. They just end up in alphabetical order instead of track order.

What am I missing?

Also I should let you know that all my other albums I added before this started happening are in correct track order, but these 3 or so I've added recently aren't.

Columns UI

Reply #6757

After refreshing the playlist, and opening and closing foobar those albums are still out of order. It's strange because I've never had this problem before and it's only started happening recently with albums I add. They just end up in alphabetical order instead of track order.

Did you actually click on any of the columns' headers to sort the playlist? foobar won't autosort your playlists, you have to trigger that manually. You can define various sorting patterns for various actions like drag'n'drop or when using the library filters but if you want to auto-sort you playlist you probably have to create an auto-playlist, use "SORT BY %" in the query and select "force sorting" or how it was. AFAIK.

Columns UI

Reply #6758

Did you actually click on any of the columns' headers to sort the playlist? foobar won't autosort your playlists, you have to trigger that manually. You can define various sorting patterns for various actions like drag'n'drop or when using the library filters but if you want to auto-sort you playlist you probably have to create an auto-playlist, use "SORT BY %" in the query and select "force sorting" or how it was. AFAIK.

I don't have column headers in my playlist, it's always worked before though and the tracks have always been in order.
Also I have an artist list on the left side and when I click on the artist it automatically sorts the albums and sends them to the NG Playlist.
I don't want to have to click the Track Number header, then the Album, then the Date every single time. I thought it was supposed to do that when I chose an artist in the artist panel?

Columns UI

Reply #6759
I'm fairly new to Columns UI and have poured through most of the options but can't figure out how to do the following...

Documentation on Columns UI can be found here. I also suggest that you read the information contained and linked to here.

You can also google "columns ui" for more information, as well as read this thread.

It would help if you could be more specific other than telling us what the panels contain. What exactly are you using in your layout?

Hi Ben,

I've actually read through both of those guides and gone through all the options with a fine tooth comb to no avail. When you say "What exactly are you using in your layout what do you mean? The main components are 2 filters (artist/album) and the NG Playlist. And in the previous question I am referring to the fact that the NG Playlist isn't sorted by date by default (when I click on the artist filter which then dumps all tracks from that artist into the NG Playlist).

Another question I have is, I'm using all of this in conjunction with foo_upnp. Is there any way I can make the default action play via upnp rather than play locally. I've looked through all the shortcuts etc and can't find a way to do this. Right now I have to right click on the song I want to play, go to UPNP Controller, and then "Play on Device". It would be far better if I could default the double click action to send to the UPNP playlist etc.

Columns UI

Reply #6760
Hi, i've been using %directoryname% (playlist view > grouping) line to sort files, it fixed various artist problem, I just have to rename folders to what i want to display on playlist. Now my question: is there a way to sort files using %directoryname% but to display things like %album%, %artist%, %date% without showing folder name at front of the line so i don't have to rename every folder and fix lowercase and other things?

Columns UI

Reply #6761
Hi, i've been using %directoryname% (playlist view > grouping) line to sort files, it fixed various artist problem, I just have to rename folders to what i want to display on playlist. Now my question: is there a way to sort files using %directoryname% but to display things like %album%, %artist%, %date% without showing folder name at front of the line so i don't have to rename every folder and fix lowercase and other things?

You can set different sort scripts to the columns than what is actually displayed. Goto Preferences > Columns UI > Playlist view > Tab: Cloumns and select the column whose sorting you want to change. I chose my "Queue number" column for this because I will probably never sort by the queue (I have an own panel for that). So I went on to the "Scripts" tab and entered this:
$if2(%album artist%,$char(66000)) |
$if2(%date%,0000) |
$if2(%album%,$char(66000)) |
$if2(%discnumber%,$char(66000)) |
$if2(%tracknumber%,$char(66000))

The $char(66000) thing is so that those files which don't have the field are displayed at the bottom. Don't forget to select "Use costum sort script" and you're done.
Every time you click that column header the playlist will be sorted according to that.

The grouping thing is a bit different. If the grouping string of a file is equal to the above's it will add the track to the group. If it's not equal a new group will be created. If your sorting is messed up (e.g. the list has random artists) but your group selector uses the %artist% tag you're pretty much fucked. You can disable/enable the grouping for specific playlist names though (it supports wildcards, so you can use "NG:*" for example and name every playlist where you don't want groups like "NG:Some list").

Hope that helps.

Columns UI

Reply #6762
Is is possible to remove grouping per playlist in ColoumnsUI? Please help. 
Thanks in advance,
Senan 

Columns UI

Reply #6763
The grouping thing is a bit different. If the grouping string of a file is equal to the above's it will add the track to the group. If it's not equal a new group will be created. If your sorting is messed up (e.g. the list has random artists) but your group selector uses the %artist% tag you're pretty much fucked. You can disable/enable the grouping for specific playlist names though (it supports wildcards, so you can use "NG:*" for example and name every playlist where you don't want groups like "NG:Some list").

Thanks it will do the job

Columns UI

Reply #6764
@sentrix
If I understand you correctly, then you can do this with el_playlist since it has a playlist filter which enables association of presets (including grouping format) with specific playlists. Leaving the group format blank will remove grouping. It has a steep learning curve. I think you can also do it in a similar way with es_playlist based on looking at the available options, but I have not tried this. It is easier to get to grips with than el_playlist.
el_playlist: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=62133
es_playlist: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=79030

Columns UI

Reply #6765
Just a notification: I’ve amended this thread’s title in line with the thread for foo_dop and its recent posts, where I requested that users focus on helping themselves and others use the plugin rather than speculating about its future or developer. This isn’t much of a problem here, as discussion is usually about usage and rarely about development, but I hope it can still help to preclude repetition of currently fruitless subjects in favour of productive discussion.

Columns UI

Reply #6766
Hi

Ive been using Foobar for a while to playback my FLACs, however ive never tried to customize it until now. Im a complete noob to this customizing, i started off with Columns UI and Album List addons to begin with. Trying to keep my Layout as simple as possible, but just need to know how to group the following album together into one (see pic), so the header for the album sees it as one album with two disks?

Thanks

Columns UI

Reply #6767
I could be wrong, but this seems like a tag issue.  look at the "Disc 1" and "Disc 2" part.  suggestion: make the two albums the same album title, and put the fact that they're different discs somewhere else in tags.

EDIT: then you'll just have to find a way to sort them without seeing track one of disc one come right before track one of disc two.

Columns UI

Reply #6768
I could be wrong, but this seems like a tag issue.  look at the "Disc 1" and "Disc 2" part.  suggestion: make the two albums the same album title, and put the fact that they're different discs somewhere else in tags.

EDIT: then you'll just have to find a way to sort them without seeing track one of disc one come right before track one of disc two.

Hi greensdrive

Your probably right it could be a tagging issue. Could the tags be edited in Foobar by any chance?

Also how do i go about changing the Background colour in preferences?

Thanks

Columns UI

Reply #6769
Columns UI displays groups according to the settings located at Preferences > Display > Columns UI > Playlist view > Grouping tab.

Select the files you want to modify and hit "Alt"+"Enter".

Text (foreground) and background color settings are located at Preferences > Display > Columns UI > Colours and fonts.

BTW there's no need to quote the post you're responding to when it immediately precedes your post.

Columns UI

Reply #6770
Hello community.

As you can see, the tracks get grouped by artist and album name. That's a bit confusing (see the tracks of Coldplay).

This "problem" appears since I've installed ColumnsUI and SQL-Tree. In normal view, tracks get grouped by artist name only which is much clearer in my case.

How can I bring fb2k to group tracks only by artist name?

TIA

Columns UI

Reply #6771
Columns UI displays groups according to the settings located at Preferences > Display > Columns UI > Playlist view > Grouping tab.

Select the files you want to modify and hit "Alt"+"Enter".

Text (foreground) and background color settings are located at Preferences > Display > Columns UI > Colours and fonts.

BTW there's no need to quote the post you're responding to when it immediately precedes your post.

Oh im very sorry   

Columns UI

Reply #6772
How can I bring fb2k to group tracks only by artist name?

TIA

You need to change the grouping settings using title format
press ctrl+p or file -> preferences ->coloumns ui - > playlist view - > grouping tab and add the suitable TF string like %artist%

Edit: this would be more nice -

[$if2(%artist%,%album%)]

Columns UI

Reply #6773
Thanks a lot!

Columns UI

Reply #6774
Ive managed to sort these by the 'disk number' and 'total disk' fields in the metadata. However is there anyway that i can make some form of sub-header that says Disk 2? Can this be done in Grouping under Playlist View in Preferences?

Thanks