Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: List of Gapless Portable Players (Read 15810 times) previous topic - next topic

List of Gapless Portable Players

Reply #25
Quick summary on gapless players, the list is very short:
Apple (gapless with MP3 and AAC): (none of the shuffles do gapless)
-iPod: 5G (firmware 1.2 or later), 5.5G, classic
-nano: 2G, 3G
-Touch
-iPhone

Sony: (new NWZ models are NOT gapless capable at all)
-all non NWZ models are gapless with Atrac only
-S70x is gapless with Atrac and AAC

Of course, any rockbox-able DAP is gapless.

This is why I chose iPods. In the past, Apple iPods were heavily criticized for not having gapless capability, yet look now, they're the only one big player that provides pretty much perfect gapless playback of MP3 and AAC. Sony is dropping Atrac and gapless on their new line of NWZ players.

mhh that was exaustive thanks

so.. iPod or Vibez

wow 
° life is easier when you think everything is  funny °

Reply #26
Sadly 99% of consumers have no clue what gapless is.  So why provide something no one knows about.

Reply #28
It's even sadder considering AudioCD and Minidisc are natively gapless. I mean 2007 DAPs cannot emulate the old technologies?

With Apple going gapless, I though everybody will jump on the gapless bandwagon, but I guessed wrong. Yeah, sad, really sad.
twitter.com/pika2000