Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Feature request: native VST support (Read 15608 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Feature request: native VST support

Reply #25
I am not really opposed to adding this to foo_dsp_effect. Only issue to me is somehow fucking up the process, since what I want is a decent VST adapter that doesn't crash like crazy.

Which means sandboxing the plugins so only the host wrapper crashes, not FB2K.

Reply #26
Thanks Mudlord for thinking about this!  We know you've got the "chops" to do it, and it would be a perfect complement to your Effects plugin.  I know the sandbox part must be a PITA to contemplate, but at least you've given us some HOPE, and it's much appreciated.

Reply #28
Mmh! I see that something is starting moving!

Crossing my fingers and hoping, hoping, STRONGLY HOPING, ...
... GOOD VST HOST comes to us!

Many thanks to all for keeping thinking to it.
Best regards, Andrea

Reply #29
I also would like to see the development of a VST plug-in for foobar. With today's room correction , a choice of which software to use would be great. I'd prefer Foobar over Jriver, Roon, or others providing the support. Is there a fund to help move the development forward? My hope is to use Dirac Live with the latest Foobar.

MAK

Reply #30
mudlord, can you give your supplicants any updates on your thoughts/actions on adding this to foo_dsp_effect?  Much appreciated!

Reply #31
Just wondering if this is on anybody's current or future development list (Kode54? Mudlord?).  It would be nice to think we still have a reason to hope--thanks!